Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Perl scripts to convert e-Sword 9 bblx and cmtx modules to mysword

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

my question is how is it possible to find out more quickly whether a module is encrypted or not? Is there any simple method to determine that?

All modules from e-Sword.net and or anything downloaded through the internal e-Sword download will be (are) encrypted.

You could use a separate program like Sqlite Database Browser or SQLite Expert, open a module with it and view the table info.

Edit: e-Sword resources from eStudySource are also encrypted.

Edited by Scribe, 22 December 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Scribe

#62 castleforest

castleforest

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thank you very much. This  topic is good.

#63 bssa_martin

bssa_martin

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hi Rob

Thank you for the conversion script and the tips.

I made an e-Sword Bible (using Tooltip NT) which works and validates perfectly in e-Sword, but when I tried converting it to MySword it displays funny code on my Android phone.

The Perl conversion script worked perfect without errors, but extra "code" is added before and after each verse when viewing it in MySword for Android.

Example:

\viewkind4\uc1\nowidctlpar\lang7177\f0

This is the text for the 1st verse....

\cf0\i0\b0\ulnone\nosupersub

\viewkind4\uc1\nowidctlpar\lang7177\f0

This is the text for the 2nd verse....

\cf0\i0\b0\ulnone\nosupersub

I'm not sure if the problem lies with the conversion process of just with the MySword software. I'm new to both.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

PS: All software used are the latest available on the net.

Regards

Martin

#64 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

http://www.biblesupp...ord-test-bible/

Hi Martin,

if you want, you can try MySword test bible
I made the test bible in T4
if you want help, you can upload the module or rtf file on this forum.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#65 bssa_martin

bssa_martin

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hi patchworkid

Thank you for the feedback, but I think I found a fix for my problem. Here is what I did:

1. When you have finished creating/changing text in Tooltip NT (I'm using v2.22) and you are ready to export...

export it via:

Modules --> Bible --> Save Bible File - Unicode Text - book chap:verse (last option in list)

not via:

Modules --> Bible --> Save Bible File book chap:verse (2nd option in list)

2. The resulting file no longer contains the RTF codes but instead just the plain text (I'm making a plain text bible without using styles or colours). I verified this by viewing it with SQLite RegExer.

3. It still displays text correctly e.g. Phišone, ditšhabeng & double quotes ( " " ) around words

4. You can then open and use the .bblx file in e-Sword - no problems

5. Copy and rename the file extension from .bblx to .bbl.mybible (for use on MySword for Android)

This has worked for me - same file on two formats (PC & Android).

I might be missing something, but I'm in the process of converting & testing a few Bibles - will post follow ups if I notice any problems.

#66 bssa_martin

bssa_martin

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

UPDATE (unicode export):

The only error I found (and fixed) with above mentioned steps, is that the single straight quotation mark [ ' ] causes problems with the export from Tooltip NT. You don't get any error messages, but it skips all verses from the first [ ' ] until it finds the next [ ' ] - which could be quite a lot. Maybe this is a bug??

To fix this I simply did a Find & Replace in Tooltip NT (without square brackets of course) for the [ ' ] and replacing it with the [ ʼ ] -- Letter Apostrophe character (U2019)

On a side note: I found the easiest way to verify the amount of lines/rows in the .bblx file after the export, is to open it up in SQLite RegExer and click on the "Bible" option under TABLES. If the numbers don't match, something went wrong and the file is not complete.

Hope these steps will be of use to someone else...

Martin

#67 Mohmmad Baghri

Mohmmad Baghri

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

can use to conver lunguge farsi ( right to left ) is not work  can not use 

pleuse help me to convert bblx to mybible

god bless you

#68 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Hi

do you have a link to the bible you want to be converted?

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#69 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hi  Mohmmad Baghri

I may be wrong but I think this is what you want

http://www.biblesupp...ysword-version/

Edited by DSaw, 07 July 2014 - 07:50 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#70 Alawishis

Alawishis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Thanks Rob for doing this conversion program.  I did a conversion of my red-letter NKJV to mysword and it worked only I noticed it had trouble recognizing nested tags properly.  It's most noticeable with red-letter text as it typically spans many verses.  If a verse is tagged with red letters it is fine as long as there are no other format tags nested in the red-letter tags if so only the words before the nested tag are formatted after the nested tag reverts to default. 

For example :

John 3

13 "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

it should be:

13 "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 

NOTE - I've bolded the text to make the colour formatting easier to see.  I appears to do this consistently from all text that I have checked. I will try and convert my red-letter ESV and see if it fares any better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users