Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Perl scripts to convert e-Sword 9 bblx and cmtx modules to mysword

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

The module has been uploaded here.

Edited to add:
for those who want to verify that I didn't goof in the conversion, the script that I used is available here.

Edited by Atheist Rob, 17 March 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#22 Kayo Henrique Fernandes

Kayo Henrique Fernandes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Rob, thank you very much! You just helped thousands of brazilians! May the Lord bless you for this! ARA, ARC, NVI, NTLH, VIVA sendo convertidas pro Mysword agora galera! Aguardem e procurem no 4shared!!!

#23 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

You're very welcome.

#24 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, Athiest Rob! Cool Script and I'd like to report I had no problems executing it on Mac OSX Lion. (10.7)

#25 ifffam

ifffam

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Dear Rob,

greetings from a non-atheist physicist :)
Just wanted to ask you whether you are aware of some tool that permits to convert a Mysword module into an e-sword one (and not the other way around) since I've found an accented greek 1550 Sthephanus version of the NT for Mysword that is not available for e-sword.

Thank you, and good chance for the Eurocup :D

Justin

#26 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I've found an accented greek 1550 Sthephanus version of the NT for Mysword that is not available for e-sword.

Check this:
http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/7599-tra-stephanus-1550-accented-with-strongs-morphology/

#27 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Hi Justin, greetings back from an non-theist non-scientist :)

Does Raymond's answer fix your problem? I am currently in the process of writing a script that will rip various bibles from a website and convert the text into a MySword module. If that's finished it will seem handy to also have a script that will be able to convert that into an e-Sword module, but if the bible that Raymond linked to does not suffice, I am willing to give precedence to the MySword to e-Sword script.

Regards,
Rob

P.S., given the extremely poor job that the Dutch team has done to date in the Eurocup, they don't deserve to go through to the next round, even if they still have a tiny theoretical chance...

#28 Arnie51

Arnie51

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hi Rob,
Thanks for this. I followed your instructions (on Windows 7) on the HSB - http://www.biblesupp...ransliteration/ - trying to convert HSB4 to MySword. The program worked, but what I got was English gibberish, rather than Hebrew text!
What did I do wrong?
Thanks, Arnie

#29 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for this. I followed your instructions (on Windows 7) on the HSB - http://www.biblesupp...ransliteration/ - trying to convert HSB4 to MySword. The program worked, but what I got was English gibberish, rather than Hebrew text!
What did I do wrong?

I don't know yet, I'll give it a look and get back to you. I suppose to do HSB1, 2 and 3, since Strong's numbers can be enabled and disabled in the premium version of MySword. If you prefer a version without Strong's numbers, I couls also create a HSB4 version.

2b continued..

Regards,
Rob

#30 Arnie51

Arnie51

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for getting back to me!
Yes, it would be nice to have the HSB4, because I find it more convenient to switch Bible versions, than to toggle the Strongs (although I have the Premium version). HSB1 (version 1) has already been converted to MySword.
Really grateful for your expertise and the trouble you're taking!
Arnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users