Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Maori Bible News

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

Well, the Book of Joshua is well and truly completed, and now I am about half way through 2Samuel. So about 9.5 books of the OT complete, and have actually completed 8,260 verses to date.

Since New Zealand won the Cup, you can go back to working on this. Or did the French invasion formation during the haka scare you too much. (Doesn't the IRB realize that what the French did, was a mark of respect? )

jonathon

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

Since New Zealand won the Cup, you can go back to working on this. Or did the French invasion formation during the haka scare you too much. (Doesn't the IRB realize that what the French did, was a mark of respect? )

Hi Jonathan,
Good stir, mate.... Love it :P

I'll say this, didn't scare us, but you just don't let your guard down for one moment with them. They beat us twice in the World cup. The first time was in the semi finals, and the second time was in the Quarter finals in Scotland at the last world cup. Remember, on those two occasions the ABs were well and truly in the lead and let their guard down, and the Frogs beat us. This time we didn't underestimate them.

As for what the IRB thought, I haven't got a clue. All I know about it is that under the rules, when the ABs are doing the Haka no one is allowed to cross the Halfway line. Apparently that is what France did and were fined NZ$50,000. As for me, I like what the they did, and I think it was respected by the ABs, and especially by the Maoris in the team. Showed that the Frogs had some metal.

I hope you enjoyed the game.

Kia kaha (Be strong)

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#13 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

All,
Well its been a little while since giving an update on the Maori Bible, that I thought its about time to shed some light as to what has been happening.

The latest is that I've finally completed the information for the Information dialog. If I could actually measure it in A5 pages, then I don't know how many of them it would be. At a rought guess, I reckon it would be about 7 or 8 pages.

Today I've finally added the names of the Books of the Bible in the Information Dialog, This was a test to do because I could not get hold of the names of the books in Maori online anywhere. I've tried all sorts of search strings to find it in Google but to no avail. It seemed like a lost cause to try to find it online. So, in the end I went to a Christian Bookstore and borrowed a hard copy of the Maori Bible, and copied the contents of the Book in Maori, took it home, and then put it all in the information dialog.

The information for the Maori Bible is basically broken down in 5 parts.
  • A short intro of the creator and how it was created
  • A History of the Maori Bible
  • A bit about this e-Sword edition
  • Condition of use (sorta like a EULA, but very scant)
  • Books of the Bible in Maori and English.
Currently I've completed near to 17% of the Bible, and I'm a tad over half way of 2 Kings (2 Nga Kingi). So, as you can see, I've still got a fair way to go.

Ka kite ano na kia kaha (See ya later and be strong)
Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

That's quite the project!

#15 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

That's quite the project!

Hi Josh,
Acutally its sort of dependant on the way one looks at it is on how much I've done. I've crossed over the 10,000th verse completed. Considering that there are 31102 rows in the Bible table, and each row equals 1 verse of the Bible, then I've completed close to about 33% of the Bible. But if I calculate it by the total of 66 books, and approx., 12.75 books of the Bible I've completed, then that works out to a tad over 17% the Bible done.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 22 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#16 Malvina

Malvina

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi Stephen,

Sorry I don't know anything about the version - just that i have it as a module in esword I came upon sometime. I can send you a copy of the module if you like.

Also - as you are obviously a Kiwi - go the All Blacks!! You will know what I mean.

Bob

Hi Bob this is totally new to me but i like what you said and just wondered if you could send me a copy of the Maori Bible module

#17 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hi Malvina - happy to but to where?

Bob

#18 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Today (17/3/2012 at about 2pm, New Zealand Standard Time), the Maori Bible (actual name for it in Te Reo is Peipera Tapu) is now at the halfway point. 15551 of 31102 verses completed.

For those of you who don't know, the 15551st verse is Psa 103:1, which in Maori is:

He himene na Rawiri.

Whakapaingia a Ihowa, e toku wairua; e nga mea katoa i roto i ahau, whakapaingia tona ingoa tapu. (Psa 103:1 MB)

Which in English is:

A Psalm Of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! (Psa 103:1)

The pity of this is that its only half of the verses done and not half of the Books of the Bible. The Book of Psalms is only the 19th Book of the Bible, and considering that there are 66 Books, well there is still a bit of a way to go to reach that halfway point.

At the current rate I'm going, considering that the work is all being done in SQLite Manager, it looks like that this edition will be completed around August this Year if not a tad before.

Just so that you are aware, there is a huge difference in this e-Sword edition that I am working on to the current edition available. The formatting alone that has is being and has been done to improve the readability of the text is huge. The Book of Psalms alone has not just paragraph formatting, but the small introduction to the vast majority of the Psalms have been formatted as well. The formatting style I am going to use for Psa 119 is totally unlike any other electronic edition of the Maori Bible, which will it inline with many of its English counterparts.

Just keep an eye on this space for more news to come of this e-Sword Edition.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#19 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Today I've completed the Book of Psalms. I was quite surprised as how quick that went considering their are 150 Psalms. As you can guess quite correctly, Psa 119 took the longest considering all the verses that had to be done. So rather than dragging it out, I decided to try to bang it out in a day. And that is how long it actually had taken it to do.

So, I've uploaded a couple of Screenshots of the Psalms for you to have sneak preview of the work that has been done. Just click on the images below to have a preview But if you don't want to be surprised by what the Maori Bible will look like when its all done and dusted, then don't take a sneak preview of it.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Attached Files

X (formerly Twitter)

#20 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

I do not know a single thing about the Maori language or the Maori Bible but your screen shots looks like a lot of work done right. I'm sure it will be a blessing to the Maori people. I suspect that you have every right to be self-congratulatory.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users