Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

bibles won't open and neither will esword

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Simplistik

Simplistik

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

so i downloaded a bunch of new bibles the ohter night and since then 4 of them wont open.  i can't find them in my esword folder to delete.  and now esword won't even open!  

anybody have any ideas?

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

so i downloaded a bunch of new bibles the ohter night and since then 4 of them wont open.  i can't find them in my esword folder to delete.  and now esword won't even open!  

anybody have any ideas?

You did something that you didn't do before. If you never had the problem the last time you did a download and installed it, and now you have the problem, you did something that caused it to happen. Methodically go over what you did, and then you should be able to fix the problem. If not, then comprehensively list what you did and post it up here, and we will see if we can give you the fix.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Simplistik

Simplistik

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

there is nothing to comprehensively list.  i went into the "download" heading in the program itself and clicked all the bibles that i could download and downloaded them.  then when i closed and opened it it said that 4 of the bibles won't open and lists them as being in my program files (x86)/e-sword folder but they aren't. i click "ok" on the 4 pop ups and then esword freezes at the loading screen.

i removed everything esword from my computer.  i'm going to try to reinstall.  last time i did this everything was still there so i'm not sure what to do.  how do i remove it all and start over?  seems like the easiest way

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

Hello,

My guess is the downloads did not finish. e-Sword initializes modules in the e-Sword folder when it starts. The 4 popups correspond with the 4 failed partial downloads. Make sure those modules have been removed from your e-Sword folder.

there is nothing to comprehensively list.  i went into the "download" heading in the program itself and clicked all the bibles that i could download and downloaded them.  then when i closed and opened it it said that 4 of the bibles won't open and lists them as being in my program files (x86)/e-sword folder but they aren't. i click "ok" on the 4 pop ups and then esword freezes at the loading screen.

i removed everything esword from my computer.  i'm going to try to reinstall.  last time i did this everything was still there so i'm not sure what to do.  how do i remove it all and start over?  seems like the easiest way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users