Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Syncing my iPhone e-sword to my e-sword X on MAC?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lewis1128@icloud.com

lewis1128@icloud.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

How can I sync my iOS e-sword to e-sword X on my MAC, please?

Any help appreciated.

Lewis

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Use iCloud, or any other cloud service you want to.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 lewis1128@icloud.com

lewis1128@icloud.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:36 AM

Hi, thanks for that.

I do use iCloud, but cannot find any way to switch on e-Sword either in iOS iCloud, or in iCloud on the MAC; e-Sword does not appear as an app that can be 'switched on' for iCloud and I can't see any way to add it. I have looked in e-Sword in iOS settings too but again nothing there. Perhaps I am just looking in the wrong place.

I don't see any facility in the e-Sword app to sync either, although I suppose it could be automatic.

Lewis

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Hi Lewis,

I don't use and am unfamiliar with e-Sword for iOS or mac OS. That said, I assume (hopefully correctly) as in e-Sword for Windows, there is an options menu, in where you can select  where e-Sword X, HT, LT is to load the resources from.

Trust this proves helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 lewis1128@icloud.com

lewis1128@icloud.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated. I will see how that works.

Many blessings

Lewis

#6 PGFracing

PGFracing

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:58 AM

Not that I’m m aware of there isn’t

#7 justaservant

justaservant

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:20 AM

Unfortunately there are no indications or any specific place where you can Export or keep the files being loaded from. I would love to be able to save the source files for my notes on a cloud location and from there keep everything sync between more than one computer, mobile and ipad.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:55 PM

Unfortunately there are no indications or any specific place where you can Export or keep the files being loaded from. I would love to be able to save the source files for my notes on a cloud location and from there keep everything sync between more than one computer, mobile and ipad.

The answer to this is relatively straightforward... Simply ensure that on whatever device you have e-Sword installed on, you have e-Sword load files from that particular cloud provider.

Using a particular cloud provider as an example, lets say its One Drive. So what you do is:

• e-Sword X on your Mac set to One Drive

• e-Sword LT on your iPhone set to One Drive

• e-Sword HT on your iPad set to One Drive.

Just make certain that you have your resource files on the One Drive (or whatever mobile provider you are using).

Note: e-Sword x, HT, and LT uses the same file extensions.

Trust that you find this helpful

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 10 December 2020 - 02:57 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 rpatrick2282

rpatrick2282

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:18 AM

The answer to this is relatively straightforward... Simply ensure that on whatever device you have e-Sword installed on, you have e-Sword load files from that particular cloud provider.

Using a particular cloud provider as an example, lets say its One Drive. So what you do is:

• e-Sword X on your Mac set to One Drive
  • e-Sword LT on your iPhone set to One Drive
  • e-Sword HT on your iPad set to One Drive.

Just make certain that you have your resource files on the One Drive (or whatever mobile provider you are using).

Note: e-Sword x, HT, and LT uses the same file extensions.

Trust that you find this helpful

Blessings,

The problem here is that there are no options on either e_Sword X or e-Sword HD to choose where the files go. Is anyone aware of a way to put in a feature request for this? The fact that there is no ability to keep files in sync between Mac and iOS device via iCloud or some other means is a real detriment to the application. I would love to store notes in and things in this application but for this reason I just cannot. I am aware of the Airdrop feature but that is not a sync tool, that just lets you over write the files on your iOS device with those from your Mac. If I spend time creating or updating notes on my iOS device I would like them to be updated on my Mac and the other way around. Searching through the forums this request has been out there for some time.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:43 PM

The problem here is that there are no options on either e_Sword X or e-Sword HD to choose where the files go. Is anyone aware of a way to put in a feature request for this? The fact that there is no ability to keep files in sync between Mac and iOS device via iCloud or some other means is a real detriment to the application. I would love to store notes in and things in this application but for this reason I just cannot. I am aware of the Airdrop feature but that is not a sync tool, that just lets you over write the files on your iOS device with those from your Mac. If I spend time creating or updating notes on my iOS device I would like them to be updated on my Mac and the other way around. Searching through the forums this request has been out there for some time.

Then ask Rick Meyers

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users