Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic Notes Unavailable

2 replies to this topic

#1 brywkeo

brywkeo

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hi,

I've downloaded eSword twice now and attempted repair once and I still get a number of error boxes appearing on start up with the eventual error message that the topics database could not load.

I've read similar queries on the forum and followed advice, still to no avail.

This seems to be a common enough problem, yet it still plagues eSword.

How unfortunate.

Bryan

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

Hi Bryan,

In the years I've had and used e-Sword, especially since the 9x and upward versions, I've had no problems running the program. Moreover I've had no problems with downloading, installing and running resources. That said, whenever I encountered a problem, that problem was due to hardware issues, such as the Hardrive packing up on me, and the whole system crashing on me.

So bearing all of these things in mind, what is it exactly that is happening at your end? If you are getting error messages, then the error has to be happening as a result of something you've done, or something you haven't done but should have done, or either that, if you haven't experienced those errors before, what is it that has changed which is causing those errors to occur?

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 20 February 2018 - 02:48 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 glantern3

glantern3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

See my answer in "I Need Help with Topic Notes" and "About Notes". I fixed my problem going to the topic.topx file in your e-Sword folder in Documents. Right click on it and select "Restore previous version". Select the largest and newest file and then click the "Restore Button". Close e-Sword program and the reopen it. Mine worked after doing this. Make sure to back it up by creating a new Word document titled "Topic Notes backup" and copy all of your notes to this new file and create a new folder called Backup in your e-Sword folder and paste it in this folder so you can easily find it whenever you back up your notes.

glantern3 (Jim)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users