Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Strong's numbers ending in a letter

1 reply to this topic

#1 David Aukerman

David Aukerman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

Hi all,

Long-time e-Sword user, first time forum poster here. When I'm viewing a version with Strong's numbers included (e.g. NASB+), the tool-tip and click-to-dictionary functionality works correctly. However, if the Strong's number ends in "a" or "b" (as in H7287a in Genesis 1:26), then neither the tool-tip nor the click function works. In fact, I have had a lot of trouble even searching the Strong's dictionary for any such number. Any help with that?

Thanks,

David

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hi all,

Long-time e-Sword user, first time forum poster here. When I'm viewing a version with Strong's numbers included (e.g. NASB+), the tool-tip and click-to-dictionary functionality works correctly. However, if the Strong's number ends in "a" or "b" (as in H7287a in Genesis 1:26), then neither the tool-tip nor the click function works. In fact, I have had a lot of trouble even searching the Strong's dictionary for any such number. Any help with that?

Thanks,

David

There is a concordance for the NASB with Strong's numbers that does in fact contain the Strong's numbers with the letters after them. It is called New American Standard Updated Edition Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. There is an e-Sword module for this but I am not sure where to find it as the print version of the concordance is a copyrighted item and the NASB bible module for e-Sword is a premium or paid module. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users