Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Brief, VERY BRIEF, devotion

3 replies to this topic

#1 mei_mienzi

mei_mienzi

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

POPULAR

Hello:

I am looking for help and don't know if I am even on the right forum.  If I've missed the mark please direct me to the form I need to be on.

My need: I have been asked to meet with our church security team, a group of about 15 police officers, each Sunday. I have been asked to bring an encouraging devotion each meeting. I have been give a very short period of time to do this in, 5 to 7 minutes.

I am looking for material that I can download and use with MySword, but I don't even know if anything like this exists. An alternative would be to use material from ESword "if" it exists and "if" it can be converted (those are two big "if" statements that I am hoping can also be answered).

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered,

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Might be an oversimplified idea, but there are 5 daily devotionals available in E-sword's  built-in downloader granted they are meant to be read as personal devotionals, but they are definitely worth considering for the use you described.  

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

There are devotional apps in Play Store that are usually one page, might give you some ideas.  I've been using one by Tozer.  Some of them might fit your need.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

If you want to go the way I suggested, using published devotionals, I can strongly recommend two by Oswald Chambers:

Daily thoughts for Disciples. and Faith A Holy Walk.   As far as I know, they have not been made into e-Sword modules, wish they were.

Both of them could be easily adapted to the use you suggested.  

One of his devotionals is online https://utmost.org/

Chambers is challenging, but very good.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users