Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

PC to iPad

1 reply to this topic

#1 lewiej

lewiej

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Just bought an iPad Pro. Heretofore, I have used a Dell PC and all of my e-Sword notes, etc are on that PC running ES 11.1. So how do I get my notes, etc to the iPad? Believe the current files are compatible with the iPad so no conversion necessary (?) I use GoogleDrive but don't think I can D/L the files from there with am iPad (?). Need some help. Thanks.

#2 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

I will try to give you a good answer based on my experiences. First, you may wish to read what Rick wrote in the FAQ for e-sword HD, where he lists the steps in making your own modules here:

http://www.e-sword.net/ipad/faq.htm

Resources used in e-sword for the PC must be converted to ios format before they will work on the iPad. Once converted their file extension will be .***i. So, a Bible resource for the PC is converted from .bblx to .bbli and so on for dctx, lexi, refx. Initially, users had to download the Module Conversion utility mentioned in step three and use it to convert modules. Now, some of the modules on this website are already converted to Apple/ios format so those can be directly downloaded to your iPad and installed or opened in you e-sword app.

Those you convert yourself can be transferred to your iPad in more than one way. Step four mentions iTunes file sharing and gives a link to an article that steps you through that process.
I do use Google drive to upload the converted modules and then to transfer them to my iPad via a shared link in an email. It works for me.

Other users may chime in with their thoughts that may be easier than what I have shared.

Edited by Jogirl, 19 January 2018 - 02:03 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users