Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sync

23 replies to this topic

#1 j86schroeder

j86schroeder

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

POPULAR

What is the best way to sync my journal/study/topic notes on both PC, and iPad/iPhone? Thanks.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

What is the best way to sync my journal/study/topic notes on both PC, and iPad/iPhone? Thanks.

Through the cloud, using any cloud service i.e., One Cloud, Dropbox and etc.

You will need to save and transfer all your jnli (and any other e-Sword files) to that cloud service you wish to use and keep them there.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

Edited by APsit190, 14 January 2018 - 04:56 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 j86schroeder

j86schroeder

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Thanks sir, so let say I am using my PC in which i have eSword, and I download iCloud for Windows, and store the jnli files there.

Then open up my iPad with the eSword App, will I be able to get the same functions? such as Journal/Study/Topic Notes?

I really don't know the difference between those three notes, but I really like the feature on the PC version of eSword where I can put in a particular word and search for it, and then copy and paste it easily onto topic notes.

However, the study and topic notes are different extensions, not jnli. I am assuming the study and topic notes are not on the iPhone/iPad app?

Thanks.

#4 4Christ

4Christ

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

Hi, is there anyone out there with a workflow to sync iphone and ipad notes?  

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

Hi, is there anyone out there with a workflow to sync iphone and ipad notes?  

I'm unsure what you are getting at when talking about "workflow." That said, if you mean syncing e-Sword Study Notes and etc across devices (irrespective of what they are), your best method is using the cloud and having all your resource files stored there, including your Study Notes and etc.

As a matter of interest I found that a great deal of people are working from the cloud across different devices, rather then keeping their work data on individual machines

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 RobinSpitzer

RobinSpitzer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Does E-Sword have any ideas to add syncing to the program?

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

Does E-Sword have any ideas to add syncing to the program?

Considering that e-Sword is a program, I don't think that e-Sword has any ideas of its own due to the fact, that as an inanimate object, it can't think. So with that, to be honest, I don't think one would very far in asking the programDoh.gif

However, you could try asking e-Sword, but as to how far you would get, it would be really interesting to see.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 bbaddiley

bbaddiley

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Through the cloud, using any cloud service i.e., One Cloud, Dropbox and etc.

You will need to save and transfer all your jnli (and any other e-Sword files) to that cloud service you wish to use and keep them there.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21)

Is there an easier way to do this yet? Could this not be linked with a sign in account?

#9 Andre Roux

Andre Roux

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:20 PM

Considering that e-Sword is a program, I don't think that e-Sword has any ideas of its own due to the fact, that as an inanimate object, it can't think. So with that, to be honest, I don't think one would very far in asking the program

However, you could try asking e-Sword, but as to how far you would get, it would be really interesting to see.

Blessings,

A silly answer. It is obvious what is being asked: Does eSword have the same sync functionality as for example "Olive Tree" and "Logos". The straight answer is NO. The "cloud" is a workaround, not a built-in function.

I have contacted the developer who provided me with a rather convoluted and time-consuming way to achieve some form of 'syncing'. As great as eSword is, this is one of it's greatest drawbacks.

For an honest review see: https://milewis.word...rd-hd-ipad-app/. As far as I know not much have changed since this review.

Edited by Andre Roux, 21 December 2018 - 10:24 PM.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

A silly answer. 

Of course it was, and it was deliberately done. The question was badly framed, and for anyone to frame a question in such a way, leaves himself or herself wide open to responses like the one I gave. Moreover it was really good fun doing it, and if I see things like that again, not a problem of doing it again.

The lesson is, Think the question through before asking so you don't leave yourself open to being made fun of, or that your question is made fun of. Get the grammar right and you would be safe.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by APsit190, 23 December 2018 - 12:13 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users