Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

TWOT - not available for E-Sword due to copywrite issues?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chica

Chica

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hi,  ---  UPDATE ----  (an angel solved my issue! Never mind!)

Anyone know what's up with Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament TWOT?

I watched a few tutorials for e-sword (I found on youtube) and found out it used to be available and sounds interesting but it cannot even be purchased for e-Sword.  I can purchase and use it on theWord program but I don't want to change.  I have already purchased some items that I use and I don't want to switch.  

Any clue if it will ever become available again?  Any other thoughts on the subject?

Thanks!

Edited by Chica, 10 January 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#2 thysg12

thysg12

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:48 AM

Hi

A download link for TWOT perhaps

THANKS

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I don't know how many threads we have on this same subject. No, it's not available for e-Sword, and it won't be available for e-Sword. If you want to buy it for use on TheWord, use the link in the first post of this thread.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

There are copies of the TWOT for e-Sword and the TDNT, but they are not kosher. In other words they are not legal copies, and that means they cannot be legally distributed and given away. As far as I am aware, those who have them are extremely hesitant about giving away those copies, and therefore the chances of one getting a copy are as scarce as hen's teeth.

That said, there are resources that were once not available for e-Sword, and one would have thought would never be available, but now are, like the NIV is a good example which comes to mind. So, when  looking at this kind of history, I think that there is a possibility that the TWOT, TDNT, and the BDAG could one day become official premium resources available for e-Sword.

My suggestion is to pray for Rick Meyers and his team at e-sword.net, and contact him requesting that these made available for e-Sword. Also suggest that as many as possible contact the publishers of these kind of resources for them to be allowed to be made available for e-Sword users. Best reason is that there are, at a rough guess, 2+ million users of e-Sword world wide. No joking. And if they want to see the potential of sales, just refer them to this site and have them look at the number of members here. You can't make this stuff up.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 14 November 2018 - 08:31 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users