Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e Sword 8x User Question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

For the new e sword commentaries that have been coming out I have been assuming that e sword 8x users can download the 9x module and backward migrate it to 8x using BeST. If this is not a correct assumption, then I can attempt to backwards migrate and post them for 8x users if there is a demand.

#2 bhb

bhb

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Is this possible? I use version 8 and at this time don't want to go to v9. I have never used "best" how does it work? There are a couple cmt that I would like to use.

#3 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

Download BeST here:

http://www.biblesupp...ile/2524-best2/

When you install best and run it, hit the start button and then drop the cmtx file into the box on the bottom. BeST will then convert back to 8x.

Some people have trouble getting BeST to run on their PCs. If you cannot get it to work let me know what files you want and I will backwards migrate them and post them.

Peter

#4 lnlandersjr

lnlandersjr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBartlesville, OK

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

I just found a bunch of really interesting Topic files on BibleSupport and downloaded them. After installing them, I went to Topic Notes to begin viewing them, but couldn't get them to pull up. I have verified that I have them in my executable folder (C:/Apps/e-sword8). Any ideas why I can't find these from within e-Sword?

Blessings,
Lloyd

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Did you download version 8 of the files, or are you're trying to view 9.x resources in 8? They are not compatible, unfortunately.

I'd really urge you to upgrade to a modern version of e-Sword so you can enjoy the new resources being created. The other advantage is you can get support easier.

#6 lnlandersjr

lnlandersjr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBartlesville, OK

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

I downloaded from the Version 8.x section of the Download tab. As to your suggestion to upgrade to a more "modern" version, I will think about it. I tried it when Version 9 first came out and was unable to convert all the files I had accumulated from v.7 and v.8, even after working with Rick on it for awhile. Perhaps the tools available in BibleSupport will allow me to do so now. Thanks for the info and encouragement.

Blessings!

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

I downloaded from the Version 8.x section of the Download tab.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I don't have 8 installed and can't install it very easily without a lot of configuration issues.

#8 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

was unable to convert all the files I had accumulated from v.7 and v.8,

Assuming that those are resources that you did not create, can you post a list of them.

jonathon

#9 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'd really urge you to upgrade to a modern version of e-Sword so you can enjoy the new resources being created.

e-Sword 9.x and e-Sword 10.x are progressively less accessible than e-Sword 8.x.
JAWS 12 didn't read any of e-Sword 10.x screens on my Windows setup.

jonathon

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

e-Sword 9.x and e-Sword 10.x are progressively less accessible than e-Sword 8.x.
JAWS 12 didn't read any of e-Sword 10.x screens on my Windows setup.

jonathon

Did he say he was blind? Outside of that, I can't think of a reason to stay with 8. People usually stay with 8 out of comfort, familiarity and being a little intimidated by upgrading. Even Rick doesn't support 8 anymore, Jaws or not...

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users