Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Powerpoint Macro

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerry Prince

Jerry Prince

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

Hi all,

Many moons ago there was a macro for quickverse v4 that allowed to insert a verse from inside powerpoint. I left QV for Esword a long time ago but still miss that little function prepping lessons.I know there is the HotKey addon today that is close but I really would like the capacity to insert a verse simply, efficiently with few keystrokes from a menu/macro without leaving PPT. Has anyone accomplished this? BTW I am running newer versions of PPT (2016/365) but would be willing to run older if someone has a trick!

Many thanx!!!

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Prince, 25 November 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#2 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

I'm curious if you have used e-Sword HotKey.  With it, you can highlight a text, press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard, using the e-Sword Macro Hotkey, which looks up a text and pops open the HotKey window where you can confirm the text, tap the Esc button which closes it closes, and press Ctrl+V and replace your highlighted text with the verse contents.  This is faster than the e-Sword Macros by themselves, and you can lookup multiple text at one time if you wish.  And it works with PowerPoint, Word, Notepad, VIM, Gmail in a browser, the text editor on BibleSupport.com, you get the picture.  I suppose that an auto-paste function could even be implemented to stream line it further.  But right now, I know of nothing other that HotKey to do what you are asking for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users