Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Convert pc module to apple problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oakleaf1

oakleaf1

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

I created a commentary module on the Gospel of John and tooltipped it. Worked perfectly in e-Sword on my PC but when I converted it to an apple commentary (cmti file) using e-Sword PC to Apple Module Converter and used it on my iPad everything worked including pop ups for verse references but it lost the formatting to pop up the Strong’s definitions. The verse references are in green as they should be but the Strong’s numbers are in purple though still elevated within the parentheses. Any ideas what I did wrong and how I can correct it?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

I created a commentary module on the Gospel of John and tooltipped it. Worked perfectly in e-Sword on my PC but when I converted it to an apple commentary (cmti file) using e-Sword PC to Apple Module Converter and used it on my iPad everything worked including pop ups for verse references but it lost the formatting to pop up the Strong’s definitions. The verse references are in green as they should be but the Strong’s numbers are in purple though still elevated within the parentheses. Any ideas what I did wrong and how I can correct it?

Purple is the default color for strong's numbers in e-Sword 11

#3 oakleaf1

oakleaf1

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

Ok but they do not pop up the definitions as they do on the PC and should on the iPad. Something wrong.

#4 oakleaf1

oakleaf1

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

I fixed the problem. I tooltipped the commentary again and instead of saving it as a cmtx file and then converting it to an apple format (cmti), I created it using ModulesHD in Tooltip Tool NT, saved it as an HD commentary, emailed it to myself on my iPad and it works perfectly in e-Sword HD including the verse references and the Strong’s numbers.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

I fixed the problem. I tooltipped the commentary again and instead of saving it as a cmtx file and then converting it to an apple format (cmti), I created it using ModulesHD in Tooltip Tool NT, saved it as an HD commentary, emailed it to myself on my iPad and it works perfectly in e-Sword HD including the verse references and the Strong’s numbers.

Well, there you go. How to really solve a problem. Thanks for that, at I'm certain that this will save a lot of headaches for a lot of people.

Here is another tip, especially when it comes to converting other resources that require the use of tool tips. Open the (3rd Party) cmtx, topx, dctx and etc file in T4, and then do the rest as Oakleaf1 described to maintain the ability of the tooltip to pop up in e-Sword HD, LT, and X.

To Oakleaf1 - Deserved a like, and got one too.

Blessings

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 15 October 2017 - 02:08 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 oakleaf1

oakleaf1

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the good words, the like, and the advice!

#7 BeeyaYZ

BeeyaYZ

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Oakleaf1 said:

To Oakleaf1.

1. When you say "I created it using ModulesHD in Tooltip Tool NT", did you just change the variables at the beginning of the module to those required for HD modules, and nothing else?

2. Could you please detail the steps you took to email the module to yourself, then place it in your iPad. (I tried to do it in iTunes but it would not show up in E-Sword HD. My module has about 14 Mbytes, but other larger modules transferred to E-Sword HD without problems.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users