Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Using modules on iMac using 10.4 Sierra

3 replies to this topic

#1 fjc162cbc

fjc162cbc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

What steps are necessary in order to download modules from Bible Support to my Mac Sierra.  I've tried all the suggested steps, but I keep getting the same message.  I can't do it because it isn't a microsoft PC.  Any help available?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

What steps are necessary in order to download modules from Bible Support to my Mac Sierra.  I've tried all the suggested steps, but I keep getting the same message.  I can't do it because it isn't a microsoft PC.  Any help available?

You have to be sure that modules are in the proper format for use on a Mac, many modules are available in both Windows and Mac format. The file extension for Mac Apple files ends in the letter "i" thus bible modules for the Mac have the file extension "bbli", commentaries have the extension "cmti", dictionary modules have the the extension "dcti".

The file extensions for all Windows modules end in the letter "x" as an example bible modules for windows have the file extension "bblx" 

#3 LarryDee

LarryDee

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

So where are Mac modules located? Are they mixed in with PC or are they in a section?

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

So where are Mac modules located? Are they mixed in with PC or are they in a section?

There is no section for Mac modules you just have check what version of e-sword for PC the modules are for as I said if the file extensions end in the letter "i" such as "bbli", "ctmi", and "dcti" they will work on the Mac

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users