Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Swrod x - How do I copy and paste Multiple Verses Using the "Copy Verses" command?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Darryl Tripp

Darryl Tripp

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

POPULAR

When I want to copy and paste multiple verses into something like powerpoint or word, and I use Bible>Copy Verses it only copies the first verse of my selection so that I get this: 

"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved."  Rom 10:1

When what I want is:  "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge"  Rom 10:1-2 

To accomplish this I have to copy each verse individually and then manipulate the text to get the passage in the format I want which is No Bueno! 

I can copy using the "copy" command, but when I paste it comes out like this:

Rom 10:1  Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.

Rom 10:2  For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

Soooo, what am I missing? Surely there must be a way to copy multiple verses and paste them formatted into paragraph form into powerpoint/keynote/word, etc. 

Thanks in advance.
Darryl

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

When I want to copy and paste multiple verses into something like powerpoint or word, and I use Bible>Copy Verses it only copies the first verse of my selection so that I get this: 

"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved."  Rom 10:1

When what I want is:  "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge"  Rom 10:1-2 

To accomplish this I have to copy each verse individually and then manipulate the text to get the passage in the format I want which is No Bueno! 

I can copy using the "copy" command, but when I paste it comes out like this:

Rom 10:1  Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.

Rom 10:2  For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

Soooo, what am I missing? Surely there must be a way to copy multiple verses and paste them formatted into paragraph form into powerpoint/keynote/word, etc. 

Thanks in advance.
Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Select Copy Verses... from the context menu, and then in the Copy Verses dialog, select the verses you want to copy, and then click on a Radio Button for the way you want the verses to look before you paste them into your Word Processor or any of your Note Editors in e-Sword.

This is the way that its done in e-Sword for PC, and I guess that this is the way that its done in e-Sword X.

Hope this helps

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 August 2017 - 06:34 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Darryl Tripp

Darryl Tripp

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

Hi Darryl,

Select Copy Verses... from the context menu, and then in the Copy Verses dialog, select the verses you want to copy, and then click on a Radio Button for the way you want the verses to look before you paste them into your Word Processor or any of your Note Editors in e-Sword.

This is the way that its done in e-Sword for PC, and I guess that this is the way that its done in e-Sword X.

Hope this helps

Blessings,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that does not work. When you select "copy verses" it only copies the first verse in the list.

#4 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

I think this might help. See the attached screen shots....

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.04.22 AM.png   415.93K   56 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.09.03 AM.png   158.66K   32 downloads

P.S.

After you type in the verse range, click on one of the format styles **even if the style you want is already selected**!!!

The display should change to show all of the verses, and you should then get what you need....

Roy

Edited by Roy, 30 August 2017 - 11:23 PM.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

I think this might help. See the attached screen shots....

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.04.22 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.09.03 AM.png

P.S.

After you type in the verse range, click on one of the format styles **even if the style you want is already selected**!!!

The display should change to show all of the verses, and you should then get what you need....

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for putting up the screenshots.

Its good to know that I was pretty much on the mark regarding the way its done. Not a bad guess considering my advice was based purely on e-Sword for PC. And on that note, I hope that what you've shown helps young Darryl.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

Yea, until just recently I also had to guess at what the Mac version looked like. Now that I can play with the Mac, there are features of both the PC and Mac versions of eSword that I really like and wish the other version had.

#7 Darryl Tripp

Darryl Tripp

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thanks! That did the trick!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users