Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Scripture location duplicating at beginning of notes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wgann

wgann

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

I use the ToolTip Tool NT to modify my notes to created uniform fonts, etc., and to convert my notes to commentary.

I try to update my notes periodically and each time I do I seem to duplicate the scripture heading at the top of the note.

There is probably a feature in "ToolTip Tool" to counteract this duplication but I have not found it.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.  I must be leaving or not leaving some feature checked, but where? what?

Thanks for any help.

wgann

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I use the ToolTip Tool NT to modify my notes to created uniform fonts, etc., and to convert my notes to commentary.

I try to update my notes periodically and each time I do I seem to duplicate the scripture heading at the top of the note.

There is probably a feature in "ToolTip Tool" to counteract this duplication but I have not found it.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.  I must be leaving or not leaving some feature checked, but where? what?

Thanks for any help.

wgann

You might not be using the "marks" correctly in creating the commentary files as commentary file can contain comments for single verses, complete chapters of bible books and complete books. E-Swords commentaries window allow as three buttons shaped like little books labeled B for full book commentaries, C for full chapter commentaries and V for individual verse comments 

using a single (÷) Mark, followed by the scripture reference such as ÷Genesis 1:2,  indicates a single comment for that verse.

Book Comments are prefixed with three Marks (÷÷÷). So for comments pertaining to the complete book of Genesis the mark would look like this: ÷÷÷Genesis 

Chapter Comments are prefixed with two Marks (÷÷). So for comments pertaining to Genesis chapter 1 the mark would look like this:

÷÷Genesis 1

Chapter comments can also support a chapter range just as verses support a verse range. For example, “÷÷Genesis 1-3” applies the chapter comment to Genesis chapters 1-3

#3 wgann

wgann

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Thank you.

My problem however is within one verse selection in my notes.  Here is a sample:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1Ti_2:7
Preacher and apostle .. to "testify" to things in v.6, this was Paul's commission as an apostle; appointed a "Herald" (Gk. keryx)  to proclaim this "good news." 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The verse heading "1Ti_2:7" continues to duplicate each time I use ToolTip Tool  and "re-save" it or compile it into a "commentary" file.  This is happening within one verse, here for instance 1Timothy 2:7.
But EVERY verse in my notes gets the duplicate VERSE heading.

Still trying to figure it out.  HELP anyone!

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thank you.

My problem however is within one verse selection in my notes.  Here is a sample:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Preacher and apostle .. to "testify" to things in v.6, this was Paul's commission as an apostle; appointed a "Herald" (Gk. keryx)  to proclaim this "good news." 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The verse heading "1Ti_2:7" continues to duplicate each time I use ToolTip Tool  and "re-save" it or compile it into a "commentary" file.  This is happening within one verse, here for instance 1Timothy 2:7.
But EVERY verse in my notes gets the duplicate VERSE heading.

Still trying to figure it out.  HELP anyone!

I think I might have figured this out try doing the following in Tooltip:

Click Modules from the Tooltip menu to open the modules menu

From the Modules menu click Commentary and this will open the commentary sub menu in the modules 

In the commentary sub menu there are two option one labeled "Drop Reference When Saving" and the other is labeled "Drop Reference Paragraph when saving" You can turn these two options on and off by clicking just to the left of them. When the options are activated a check mark appears to left of the options label. If you don't see the check mark next to either or both of these options click to the left of each one to activate it. You will need to open the modules menu and commentary sub menu twice to do this, once for each option.

Once you have activated both options try generating your commentary file again to see if the having these two options on makes a difference

Edited by Tj Higgins, 03 August 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#5 wgann

wgann

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

Thank you.

It sounds very logical, I will try it out.

From having amultiple occurance, I may have to re-save, load, then resave it again.

- Windell

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

Thank you.

It sounds very logical, I will try it out.

From having amultiple occurance, I may have to re-save, load, then resave it again.

- Windell

Hi Windell,

Looks like you have either or both a grammatical and spelling errors and/or a typo in your sentence. Should be either:

• Occurance should be occurrence
  • a multiple occurrence, or
  • multiple occurrences
  • and resave should be re-save.

This response is due to having read an article on ON MSFT, regarding the issues around the problems of using the grammar tools in MS Word. If it wasn't for that article, I would have ignored your typos and spelling errors.

I know who and what to blame, and I know what I have ritted is ritted betterer than anyone else.LOL.gif

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 04 August 2017 - 03:47 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users