Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing Commentaries

5 replies to this topic

#1 Montanawes

Montanawes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:02 AM

POPULAR

Is it possible to remove some of the commentaries I no longer use?

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Remove or hiding commentaries.

Click on Options (in the menu above) and Resource.

un-select the commentaries to hide OR click on the delete button to remove the commentaries.

The commentary files are in the Resources Location.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Montanawes

Montanawes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

Thank you very much!

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

Removing/Deleting any resources is pretty simple and straight forward without going through e-Sword.

To remove/delete any e-Sword resource you wish to longer have, simply open Windows File Exploder (oops, I mean, errr, Explorer), and go to your e-Sword folder where the resources are installed/saved. The default folder is, C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword.

To remove/delete  simply select the resource file(s), and then hit the delete button on your keyboard, and you're done dusted.

If you happened to have deleted the wrong resource file, its not the end of the world. Simply go to your recycle bin, and right click that file, and then click on Restore.

The above method is far safer than deleting files through e-Sword because when deleting resource files from the Resource Options, they do not go to the Recycle Bin, which means they are permanently removed. Unless you have a backup of that file or the installer program of that file, then you're going to have to go through the hassle of downloading that file and re-installing it. Best way, before removing/deleting anything, make sure you do a backup.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 v1b3zman

v1b3zman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:38 AM

I deleted some resourses from my folder in windows 11 then went to restart esword windows pop said to "please wait for windows to configure eword will require restart when done" I restarted and tried to strrart esword now I can't get past splash screen. is there any way to fix this? anybody have an idea what happened. I have uninstalled a reinstalled at five times with no sucess is there a way to do a manual unistall?

#6 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 08:10 AM

Some resources as KJV, KJV+ and Strong are in the default of the install.

If you delete those modules then shall e-Sword re-install automatic after a restart.

If you have a backup of those modules then can you avoid the automatic reinstall.

It is the e-Sword program that must restart: NOT the computer.

Make a backup of your modules in another folder and delete the KJV.bblx in the esword folder then let the reinstall of e-Sword do the work.

If that not works then need you a clean install with CCleaner.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users