Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to read PDF, Epub, Mobi files in e-sword

11 replies to this topic

#1 saviocorreia

saviocorreia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

POPULAR

Hi,

How can i read pdf, epub, mobi files in e-sword... pls guide me thru settings, if any...

if incase there's no setting for this option......advise, how should i convert pdf, epub, mobi files into e-sword modules

thank you..

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hi,

How can i read pdf, epub, mobi files in e-sword... pls guide me thru settings, if any...

if incase there's no setting for this option......advise, how should i convert pdf, epub, mobi files into e-sword modules

thank you..

You will have to convert those file types to the appropriate e-sword module file types using the module creation tool called E-Sword Tooltip NT.

You can download from this site:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

After you download and install this program you should the the user manual that comes with it which you access clicking "Help" from the E-Sword menu

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

thank you..

There are no settings for this as they are not e-Sword compatible files. If you want to be able to use them in e-Sword, then they will have to be converted (see Tj Higgins' reply).

The reasons that the file formats you mentioned are not compatible is due to that they are not SQLite database files set for e-Sword. You need to realize that e-Sword is a Database Reader, and only reads Database files made specifically for e-Sword to read.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 saviocorreia

saviocorreia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

thank you...Tj Higgins for sharing the tool link....let me try this..

thank you.. Apsit190 for explaining and making it clear..

God Bless you..

#5 saviocorreia

saviocorreia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

tj Higgins n apsit190 .......

I downloaded the tooltip...but to be very honest, I didn't u/stand anything.....I just could not do it..

Is there a video link for this explanation as to how it should be done using tool tip....

Is there are any conversion tool to convert BBLI & Mybible files to esword module ?

sorry guys..i am bothering you too much...

God Bless you all !!

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

tj Higgins n apsit190 .......

I downloaded the tooltip...but to be very honest, I didn't u/stand anything.....I just could not do it..

Is there a video link for this explanation as to how it should be done using tool tip....

Is there are any conversion tool to convert BBLI & Mybible files to esword module ?

sorry guys..i am bothering you too much...

God Bless you all !!

When you open E-Sword Tooltip click help from the tooltip menu and a small drop down menu will open, the last item on the drop down menu is labeled "ToolTip NT 2.10.pdf". Click this option to open the Tooltip user manual which explains everything as to how the program works. 

BBLI files are already in E-Sword format for E-Sword version 11 and Tooltip is the best way to convert BBLI to the early format for older versions of E-Sword which is BBLX.

Unfortunately Tooltip cannot read mysword format files however there is a program that can convert Mysword files to E-Sword format and it is called Simple Bible Reader it can be downloaded from this link: https://trumpet-call.org/software/

#7 saviocorreia

saviocorreia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

thankyou....let me see if i can do according to your explanation !!! :)

#8 djmarko53

djmarko53

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location64093

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

If you have a PDF file that you want to read in e-Sword, let me know. Am able to convert most PDF files into .docx and/or .rtf format. From either it is easy to convert the .rtf into a module that is readable in eSword. I have taken Bibles in .PDF format and easily converted to rtf format, so they in turn can be edited and compiled into a .BBLX module
. Now, a large file might take considerable editing, but if you can post a small book in PDF format, say no more than a few chapters, I would be glad to convert to a format that can be used in e-Sword. Then I can post it on here so you can try it for yourself. Don't expect too much if your docement or book has a lot of Hebrew and Greek fonts, since they sometimes pose a program.

#9 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

can you do single pages, paragraphs in greek or it takes the whole pdf and does it?  I am only in need of few sm. paragraphs but dictionary pdf are lg.

Michael

#10 djmarko53

djmarko53

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Location64093

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

Well, I am sure that small documents or paragraphs wouldn't matter. The largest pdf file I have done is about 500 pages. Not sure about the Greek.. Mostly I do small and large commentaries. Willing to give it a try if you can post some samples, with and without Greek.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users