Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Combing esword Journal and Topic content between two computers

15 replies to this topic

#11 Dergyb

Dergyb

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

Got it open by re-downloading esword updated version 11.1.

The only problem is that it opened up all of the additional esword resources etc I had in the source pc but hasnt opened up any study notes, journal notes etc?

Any possible ways to amend this one Josh?

Regards

Derek

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Got it open by re-downloading esword updated version 11.1.

The only problem is that it opened up all of the additional esword resources etc I had in the source pc but hasnt opened up any study notes, journal notes etc?

Any possible ways to amend this one Josh?

Regards

Derek

On the old computer,  launch e-Sword and go to Options > Resource. You'll see "User Files Location" toward the bottom. Go to this folder and copy all files to a USB drive. (You've probably already done this)

On the new computer, launch e-Sword and go to Options > Resource. Again, you'll see "User Files Location" toward the bottom but at a slightly different folder location (because your username on the new computer is probably different). Go to this folder and copy all files from the USB drive to that folder. Restart e-Sword on the new computer.

#13 Dergyb

Dergyb

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hi Josh

Thanks again

This new way by checking options>Resource under "User Files Location" within esword is just clarifying the exact file into which the source pc files are copied into right? As there isnt a way to copy files via this means, I actually have to go to this file via c drive, as per you first message.

Well, if I have not misunderstood anything then as mentioned all of the esword modules work ok, although as said the main and most important files, bible mark ups, study notes , journal notes, all the editors stuff wont open and cant be seen once I shut down and restart. Everything else but the main files work.

The  bible mark ups, study notes , journal notes, all the editors stuff works in the original source pc no problems? Since being copied over to the destination pc they appear in the desitination pc files in under esword, showing the same amount of kilobytes, same file name, although the information contained in them is not appearing in the destination pc esword?

As mentioned all of the other files opened ok

It just seems that the editors file information, which I carried across the same way does not appear?

?

#14 Dergyb

Dergyb

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hi Josh

Finally got it to work based on your guidance. Just had to go back and repeat it a couple of times it seems, me getting in the way of a good thing :-)

Thanks brother a much appreciated save for me and keeping what has taken some time to assemble.

Thanks again Josh

Regards

Derek

#15 Rajendran J

Rajendran J

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

Hi all,

To combine files, I used "e-sword Tool Tip Tool NT" (downloaded from Bible Support).

I have successfully combined multiple Study notes backed files into single file. But i could not find a provision for combining multiple journal files. Kindly help.

J. Rajendran.

#16 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

Hi all,

To combine files, I used "e-sword Tool Tip Tool NT" (downloaded from Bible Support).

I have successfully combined multiple Study notes backed files into single file. But i could not find a provision for combining multiple journal files. Kindly help.

J. Rajendran.

E-Sword Tooltip can only read journal notes it cannot save them or combine them.

The best option is to copy your journal notes into regular notes files and combine them that way 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users