Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

New User, Premium Bible's Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyMorris

JeremyMorris

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHugo, MN

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

POPULAR

Hey, I was just told about e-sword by a friend and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is an amazing free program and I am very thankful for it. I don't want to come across as negative in any way, but I'm curious why adding individual translations cost about $20/each when they are freely available on other online resources like biblegateway, blueletterbible, etc.

This seems like a very expensive way to build your software study library :(

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Happy to be here!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

Hey, I was just told about e-sword by a friend and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This is an amazing free program and I am very thankful for it. I don't want to come across as negative in any way, but I'm curious why adding individual translations cost about $20/each when they are freely available on other online resources like biblegateway, blueletterbible, etc.

This seems like a very expensive way to build your software study library :(

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Happy to be here!

The premium bible modules have been licensed by Rick Meyers who created and continues to develop E-Sword. The reason the premium modules have to be licensed is due to copyright restrictions from the publishers who publish print editions of the bibles in question. There are 28 free bible modules that can be downloaded from withing E-Sword and many many more that can be downloaded for free through this site.

As for websites such as biblegateway, blue letter bible, and others those sites also license the bible translations through the various publisher. While the translations are available to read and study for free you cannot download translations from those sites.

#3 JeremyMorris

JeremyMorris

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHugo, MN

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. STILL WORTH IT! E-Sword rocks. I'm blown away by this. Thanks again!

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. STILL WORTH IT! E-Sword rocks. I'm blown away by this. Thanks again!

You can even create your own modules for E-Sword by using a tool called E-Sword Tooltip NT which can be downloaded from this site

#5 JeremyMorris

JeremyMorris

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHugo, MN

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users