Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Tooltip Tool - Updated

utility module tooltip

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

========================================
Version 3.49- 2/4/2012
-- Removed - T3 Hotkey

T4 - I have built BBLX, CMTX, LSTX, NOTX, TOPX, DCTX, BRPX, and MAPX, with T4. I think I have also tested it with HARX. Are there bugs still? Probably. But then I just found a bug last week in T3's CMTX building capability. The bug would only have affected Psalms, Isaiah and Jeremiah. But, it was there...

#62 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

It happens whether I open up the document with T3 or paste in the data.

I also get an "RTF not available in clip board" pop up every time I try to hit the backspace key on my Windows 7 machine. This only happens when I have T3 open.

I may be the only one with this issue, as I have not heard that anyone else has it.

Hi Peter

I had the same problem recently with the backspace, and posted it here. Brent answered this, which fixed the problem:

"In T3 - click Options+T3 Clipboard HotKey. Set it to some obscure combination. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12 or some such. The problem should go away. Some how it must have been set to backspace on your system."

Regards,

Carlos

#63 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

T3
Version 3.50- 2/5/2012
-- Fixed - Changed the way the body of RTF text is found.

T4
Version 0.90 - 2/5/2012
-- Fixed - Changed the way the body of RTF text is found.

#64 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi, BH,

Are you still supporting T3? I notice you're not linking to it on your signature line.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#65 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

There are some things that T3 does T4 does not. I'm not removing T3. But I'm not doing any work on developing it either. Which do you use?

#66 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

I use both - but still prefer T3. And not all of it is just because I'm a Baptist and dislike new things!

I much prefer the way T3 handles text that is copy/paste from the internet. It produces a true double space between paragraphs. T4 makes a single space between paragraphs and puts the paragraph spacing at 9pt (I think 9pt - something like that). It's simply a matter of preference, I know, but I much prefer a true double space between paragraphs.

Because of this formatting issue, I don't use T4 to work on .topx much. And because T3 does pretty much everything I've asked of it (and more!), I've really only "played" with T4. This morning I worked on a .topx module with a graphic in it, and T3 handled it flawlessly.

I recognize the need to move to T4 with all of the new abilities eS10x has/will have. I also recognize you not wanting to keep two different software packages supported that basically do the same thing. So, I'll use T3 when I can, and T4 when I have to.

I sure do appreciate all you're doing for the eS/TW community (and me!).

Dave

#67 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

I use both - but still prefer T3. And not all of it is just because I'm a Baptist and dislike new things!

I much prefer the way T3 handles text that is copy/paste from the internet. It produces a true double space between paragraphs. T4 makes a single space between paragraphs and puts the paragraph spacing at 9pt (I think 9pt - something like that). It's simply a matter of preference, I know, but I much prefer a true double space between paragraphs.

Because of this formatting issue, I don't use T4 to work on .topx much. And because T3 does pretty much everything I've asked of it (and more!), I've really only "played" with T4. This morning I worked on a .topx module with a graphic in it, and T3 handled it flawlessly.

I recognize the need to move to T4 with all of the new abilities eS10x has/will have. I also recognize you not wanting to keep two different software packages supported that basically do the same thing. So, I'll use T3 when I can, and T4 when I have to.

Copy and paste to T3. Then copy and paste to T4? I'm sold on T4 but I'm also not really a Baptist... ;)

#68 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Format Paragraph?

I like T4 for copy and paste from the "internet" (read HTML) because it preserves formatting. :-)

#69 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Josh - I've done the double copy/paste from html to T3 to T4 - but why do the double maneuver? I like how T3 works, and don't need to relearn all the shortcut keys, do I? Also - Brent over the last 24 months had made several minor enhancements for me; not sure if they are all in T4 or not. (At one point, they weren't; I know, because I tried to use them....)

Brent - If you "format paragraph" in T4 after a copy of all of the html from 9pt to 0pt, then all of the paragraphs are gone - because they are single spaced, not double (as I prefer).

Am I not allowed to like T3 better?

Dave

#70 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Josh - I've done the double copy/paste from html to T3 to T4 - but why do the double maneuver? I like how T3 works, and don't need to relearn all the shortcut keys, do I? Also - Brent over the last 24 months had made several minor enhancements for me; not sure if they are all in T4 or not. (At one point, they weren't; I know, because I tried to use them....)

Brent - If you "format paragraph" in T4 after a copy of all of the html from 9pt to 0pt, then all of the paragraphs are gone - because they are single spaced, not double (as I prefer).

Am I not allowed to like T3 better?

Romans 14:5 AKJV One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

I'm not sure how you are changing paragraphs, there is line spacing, that is one option, in BOTH T3 and T4. And there is space before and/or after a paragraph, in both T3 and T4. And in both, tools to remove extra line feed characters, etc. So, I guess I need an example of what it is that T3 can do that T4 can not. Either I an not understanding something, or someone else is not? :-)

Please note, for parts of some of my on going projects, I too still use T3. T3 also does have a Spanish option which I've not added to T4. They are two very different programs. just note that my focus is on T4.

BH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, module, tooltip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users