Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Is there a download to search by number?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ruggedflower

ruggedflower

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

Sometimes a God will bring a number to me.  Is there an e-sword tool that you can download that will search by number reference, and not by word or book?

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Sometimes a God will bring a number to me.  Is there an e-sword tool that you can download that will search by number reference, and not by word or book?

If you mean by number, by actual numerals, i.e., "134" in the main text, only if its in the text. And if its (using the same example), "one hundred and thirty four," but you want "134," then the answer is no.

If you mean by a page number or a chapter number & etc, then the answer is no. And I don't think you can use the REGEX search capability to do what you want to do. I may be wrong, and am willing to be corrected on this part.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 04 February 2023 - 11:59 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 February 2023 - 03:33 AM

ruggedflower, on 10 Jun 2017 - 7:43 PM, said:

Sometimes a God will bring a number to me. Is there an e-sword tool that you can download that will search by number reference, and not by word or book?

The following are some Bible translations into English in which the translators have changed the numbers from words to numerical numbers. Some are available to download from the "Download" option provided inside e-Sword. Others are available to download from Bible Support website. Some are available to download from alternative module creators.

SOMB (Son of Man Bible); BSB (Berean Study Bible); CEV (Contemporary English Version); CLV (Concordant Literal Version v2.1); ERV (Easy-to-Read Version); ESV (English Standard Version); GNB (Good News Bible); GW (GOD'S WORD); ISV (International Standard Version); NET (the Net Bible); NJB (New Jerusalem Bible); TLV (Tree of Life Version).

So if you want to search for a number in these bibles, you can do so in numbers. In other Bible translations, search for the numbers as they were originally recorded, that is, in words. Sometimes the words are combined together, in combination with larger quantities, such as in Psalm 90:10 "threescore years and ten", and "fourscore".

Therefore, it is very easy and quick to search for a number, using the "Bible", "Extended Search" options of e-Sword, after you have decided on the Bible which you have available in e-Sword, and the word you want to search for in that Bible. The search will find the word in the verse, and will also provide you with the name of the Bible book, Chapter, and Verse number, so that you can look up the reference for further details.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 04 February 2023 - 03:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users