Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Tools/Utilities and the Apocrypha

Maccabees Esdras BeST2 utilities tools module creation create a Bible module

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have tried every module creation tool/utility on this sight and cannot figure out how to create a Bible module for e-Sword 9x that includes the full Orthodox Apocrypha. I have had some luck with BeST2 but always have this same problem: when creating a Bible module it still flip-flops the text of 1&2 Esdras with 3&4 Maccabees...what do I need to do to correct this? Thanks.

#2 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

I have written Ben concerning the "bug", but have received no response as of yet...

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Unfortunately, e-Sword doesn't have an official set of module creation tools. So there's patchwork of tools created by volunteer authors. Brent's Tooltip works well and is very well supported by its author and the program is totally free. But it does not currently support the Apocrypha, as far as I know.

No one here can help with this problem because we don't have the source code to fix the bugs in Best. Only Best's author can do that. And judging from the people who have emailed for support and received no response and then contact me asking for help, I would assume Best is now officially unsupported. That's the nature of volunteer projects. Their volunteer's interest in a project fades over time and the project dies, as was the case with a number of e-Sword utilities. :( But we must remember that these folks were generous with their time and that we aren't entitled to anything--it was all a gift to begin with.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

I was mistaken. Tooltip's Apocrypha functionality is now in Beta testing!

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

See post on ToolTip Tool (T3) being updated. It now has the first pass at adding tooltipping of Apocrypha books supported by e-Sword. Note - I hope I have not broken everything in T3. Please report problems in the forum thread "e-Sword ToolTip Tool - Updated".

#6 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi "Air" Jeff

I know it's not the best of solutions, but as a provisional workaround until T3 fully supports those books, you could solve the problem renaming 3 Esdras to 4 Esdras and viceversa. That's very easy and quick to do.

Regards,

Carlos

#7 Jeff D. Huddleston

Jeff D. Huddleston

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSayre, OK

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for your help, Carlos and Josh...I did rename the books (1Esdras as 3Maccabees, etc.) and ran them that way, and I ended up with a chapters of fist Esdras in first Esdras, but when the chapter ended if the corresponding chapter in 3rd Maccabees had more verses those verses showed up in 1st Esdras and viceversa...so it was an even bigger mess...will try ToolTip...blessings...

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

Hi BH,

does T3 support greek and hebrew text in the bible format?

example:

Act_3:1-10
1Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer,being the ninth hour. 2And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid [placed] daily at the gate of the temple which is called [the] Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; 3Who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked an alms1. 4And [But] Peter fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. 5And he gave heed unto them [looked on them intently], expecting to receive something of them. 6Then [But, δὲ] Peter said, Silver and gold have I none [not]; but such as [but what, δ̀ δὲ] I have [that, τοῦτό] give I thee; In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and2 walk. 7And he took him by the right hand, and lifted [raised] him3 up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones [ankles] received strength [became firm]. 8And he leaping up stood, and walked [could stand and walk], and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. 9Andall the people saw him walking and praising God: 10And they knew [recognized him, αὐτόν, δ̀τι οὗτος] that it was he which sat [was accustomed to sit] for alms at the Beautiful [beautiful] gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

soon I will make a bible with Greek Text in it. any help would be great.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maccabees, Esdras, BeST2, utilities, tools, module creation, create a Bible module

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users