Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Late to the game, I know---problems updating to Esword 11?

4 replies to this topic

#1 paulri

paulri

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

I haven't bothered to update my esword since v. 11 came out. OK laugh at me all you want.

Alright---I read the release notes and saw that the resources were again in a new format. Is there going to be any problem with my resources? I have the Revised English Bible, and I'm not sure its going to be updated. I also have a custom bible (a combined OT & NT that didn't originally go together), so I'm a little leery of updating.

Another question here, since I've never rolled back--but is there a way to roll back to v. 10? I do have a 10.0.7 installation file. I suppose I could uninstall v. 11 and then install v. 10, but if I were sure there would be problems, I suppose I wouldn't even bother with v. 11.  I'm just leery of goofing things up, that's all.

#2 Gary Timm

Gary Timm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

You should be fine with upgrading. But as with all computers and software, there are way to many variables to think that nothing could ever go wrong. And rolling back is not an option. However, with version 11 there are many more resources available and most of the newer modules are geared toward this. To stay current, eventually you will have no other option but to upgrade. But on the other hand, if you're happy with your current version, and have all you need, why change?

If, though, you do decide to upgrade, your best bet is to back up everything. As you mentioned, you can then uninstall e-Sword, and then reinstall.

God bless...

#3 paulri

paulri

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

I just looked in the Downloads menu, and didn't see anything listed for Esword v. 11. Is it tucked away somewhere else, or are v. 11 modules not here?

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

I just looked in the Downloads menu, and didn't see anything listed for Esword v. 11. Is it tucked away somewhere else, or are v. 11 modules not here?

All of the modules in the E-Sword download window are in E-Sword 11 or html format, E-Sword 11 will also still read and display older module formats 

#5 paulri

paulri

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Thanks, TJ. Based on what you said, I just installed it and you are correct, my old Revised English Bible works just fine!

Appreciate everyone who posted here! Thanks again.

All of the modules in the E-Sword download window are in E-Sword 11 or html format, E-Sword 11 will also still read and display older module formats 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users