Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

XML file formats

2 replies to this topic

#1 Joesef

Joesef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

How do I get to download Bibles here in XML file formats? I am setting up a missionary blog and the component I use for my Joomla website requires only XML formats.

Any help? Regards.

Edited by Joesef, 04 May 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

How do I get to download Bibles here in XML file formats? I am setting up a missionary blog and the component I use for my Joomla website requires only XML formats.

Any help? Regards.

Bible Modules posted here are in formats designed for the programs E-Sword, E-Sword X, and My Sword they are not posted or available in XML format. 

However there is a work around that should do the trick first you will need to download two pieces of software one is available here and is called e-sword tooltip NT, this is tool used to create and edited modules for E-Sword, E-Sword X, and My Sword. You will also need to download an RTF to XML file converter. 

You can open most modules (unless they are premium or pay modules as those have special licenses) in E-Sword Tooltip NT and from there you can save modules as Rich Text Format or RTF files. Once you have done this you can then convert the RTF file to XML format using an RTF conversion tool. An alternative to downloading an RTF converter is to use Microsoft Word if you have access to it. You can simply open the saved RTF file in MS Word and then save it from MS-Word in XML format as MS-Word offers XML as a file format.  

You can download E-Sword Tooltip NT from this site:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

Edited by Tj Higgins, 04 May 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#3 Joesef

Joesef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

Your feedback is of great help. I will do as you recommend.

Thank you. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users