Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Lost most of my formatting :-(

5 replies to this topic

#1 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

I downloaded the latest ToolTip update and the Hot Key update. Immediately after, I noticed I had lost all font color, font size and custom fonts (Greek, Hebrew) formatting. I can no longer block, cut and paste and retain formatting, everything goes to B/W, font size reverts to defaults, Greek fonts are replaced by question marks.
Any help? Would an uninstall and clean reinstall of eSword.exe perhaps fix this, and can it be done without damaging topics and note files?

Thanks,
Dan Wray

PS: My antivirus program, Avast, just returned a report telling me the ESwordHotKeySetup388.exe is a malicious file. DW  

Edited by DWray, 29 April 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Just a wild guess, but have you checked Options > Fonts in the e-Sword window?  (and or the Tool Tip window?)  It sounds like at least the Greek fonts got changed.

A fresh install of e-Sword might do the trick as it would reset the fonts.  You shouldn't have to mess with the modules though, just the e-Sword software.

Tim

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Tim, I'll try that.
DW

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

I downloaded the latest ToolTip update and the Hot Key update. Immediately after, I noticed I had lost all font color, font size and custom fonts (Greek, Hebrew) formatting. I can no longer block, cut and paste and retain formatting, everything goes to B/W, font size reverts to defaults, Greek fonts are replaced by question marks.
Any help? Would an uninstall and clean reinstall of eSword.exe perhaps fix this, and can it be done without damaging topics and note files?

Thanks,
Dan Wray

PS: My antivirus program, Avast, just returned a report telling me the ESwordHotKeySetup388.exe is a malicious file. DW  

Lost your formatting where?  In Tooltip or in e-Sword?  If e-Sword, be sure that menu:  Options+Editor Options+Paste as Formatted (F11) is checked.  Inadvertently pressing F11 can toggle this on and off.  If you are speaking of the formatting in Tooltip, then that is a different story...

#5 DWray

DWray

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

WHOOSKY!!! HOT DOGGETIES!!!

Ahem, thanks bro.  :D 
DW

#6 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

WHOOSKY!!! HOT DOGGETIES!!!

Ahem, thanks bro.  :D 
DW

SO, it WAS F11, and NOT Tooltip or HotKey. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users