Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Loading Modules on iPad without iTunes

10 replies to this topic

#1 pete m

pete m

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

I have a friend with an iPad and has no computer, is it possible to load a module i created without iTunes?

Thanks

#2 planktonthelegend

planktonthelegend

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

I don't think so. It  would be nice to just download them and then tap, "open with app". It would make it so much easier.

Edited by planktonthelegend, 22 March 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

I have a friend with an iPad and has no computer, is it possible to load a module i created without iTunes?

Thanks

Yep there is, and its called, "the cloud."

Considering that I don't have a iOS device, I don't know what Cloud services are available for iOS devices, and you may know and might have one, e.g., Dropbox, you can create a folder in it for your friend to use, in where he is able to download/copy it on to his device. If you have a File Manager system on the iOS device that is capable of reading the Cloud drive, then its just a matter of drag and dropping the file from the cloud onto the device. No PC required by him. Only just from your end.

Please let me know if this has proved helpful to you and/or your friend.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 planktonthelegend

planktonthelegend

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Yep there is, and its called, "the cloud."

Considering that I don't have a iOS device, I don't know what Cloud services are available for iOS devices, and you may know and might have one, e.g., Dropbox, you can create a folder in it for your friend to use, in where he is able to download/copy it on to his device. If you have a File Manager system on the iOS device that is capable of reading the Cloud drive, then its just a matter of drag and dropping the file from the cloud onto the device. No PC required by him. Only just from your end.

Please let me know if this has proved helpful to you and/or your friend.

Blessings,

How does this work? I can save the module to Dropbox, then open it on my iPad and load it into the esword app? I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure that's possible.

#5 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

Loading it "into the e-sword app" is the question.  That may be the deal breaker.  If you succeed, can you let us know?

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Isn't the topic dealt with on the official site http://www.e-sword.net/ipad/faq.htm

#7 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:35 AM

Loading modules using iTunes is on the FAQ but the original poster was asking about doing it without iTunes.

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

Yes I did read the without iTunes. However the FAQ had a link that suggested other ways https://support.appl.../en-gb/HT201301

#9 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

JPG, I think those other ways including using iCloud drive pertain to keeping documents up to date on all your ios devices.  So, it doesn't include trying to install modules into e-sword HD.  At least, this is what I arrive at.  I wish there were a more direct route without having to use iTunes and my PC.  One day there probably will be.

If you want to get the best answer to this, email Rick Meyers via the contact info. within the help section.  Hope this helps!

#10 planktonthelegend

planktonthelegend

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

I just updated my Esword HD app and this is now possible! All you have to do now to install modules is a couple different ways.

1. If the module is available on this site in the Apple CMTI format, si l,y download it it in your browser, this can take some time depending on how big the file is. Once the browser downloads the .cmti file, you will be asked which app, to open it with. Simply choose the Esword app. After the Esword app opens, force close it and re open it and you now have the module installed on your iPad!
2. You can download the modules you have to your PC, and then open the file with your iPad, with a file explorer app I your iPad via wifi.
3. Upload all of your Esword Apple CMTI files into whatever cloud service you wish, Dropbox, Drive,etc.... Then open the modules with the Esword app, through that corresponding app!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users