Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

ToolTip Strong's Number Font Size

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 chriskoch1

chriskoch1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hello,

I just started using ToolTip NT, using Strong's Numbers with the words in the verses (like in the KJV+ edition).  I was able to set the Strong Number Formatting options as I like them for superscript and color, but I notice that the font size of my Strong's numbers appears the same size as the text in e-Sword, whereas in the licensed KJV+ download the font of those Strong's numbers is smaller.  Is there any way to configure that in the Strong Number Formatting settings?

KJV+ example : Attached File  KJV_strongs.JPG   12.69K   9 downloads

My attempt in ToolTip NT: Attached File  my_strongs.JPG   12.47K   12 downloads

Thanks!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Hello,

I just started using ToolTip NT, using Strong's Numbers with the words in the verses (like in the KJV+ edition).  I was able to set the Strong Number Formatting options as I like them for superscript and color, but I notice that the font size of my Strong's numbers appears the same size as the text in e-Sword, whereas in the licensed KJV+ download the font of those Strong's numbers is smaller.  Is there any way to configure that in the Strong Number Formatting settings?

KJV+ example : attachicon.gifKJV_strongs.JPG

My attempt in ToolTip NT: attachicon.gifmy_strongs.JPG

Thanks!

You can set the font size for both the text and the strong's number by clicking format on the tooltip menu and then fonts. From there you can set the font size and other attributes 

#3 iichron714

iichron714

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Im not understanding how to change strong's number color from purple back to hunter green?  The ToolTip NT program says that it is already 0 128 0 but the color remains purple?  How can I change this please.   I also have the color superscript underline set to 1 0 1.

Thanks

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Im not understanding how to change strong's number color from purple back to hunter green?  The ToolTip NT program says that it is already 0 128 0 but the color remains purple?  How can I change this please.   I also have the color superscript underline set to 1 0 1.

Thanks

Tooltip has several built in toolbars as part of it's interface, one of these toolbars is the Tooltips tool bar which allows you to set and adjust color options for tooltips. If the tooltips bar is turned on the word Tooltips will be right below the File option on the main menu. If the word Tooltips is not visible in the tooltips interface, you will need to click the View option from the main menu which will activate a drop-down menu containing a list of all of the toolbars available in Tooltip NT.

Tool bars that are turned on will have check mark on left side of the drop-down menu if a toolbar is turned off there will not be a check mark. If the Tooltips tool bar is turned off, click it to turn it on. The Tooltips toolbar will now appear in the Tooltips NT interface allowing you to change the color of the all tooltips and strong's numbers, there are 16 color options for tooltips although most module builders prefer the hunter green color, some prefer other colors. The Tooltips tool bar also gives you an option to highlight tooltips using a selection of pastel colors 

#5 iichron714

iichron714

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Im sorry, Im a bit slow, but Im not trying to create a new module or anything like that, I just want to change the color of the strongs numbers from purple to hunter green in the e-sword program itself and I don't see the option to do that, I thought you did it through tooltip nt program?   I don't know?  Here are 2 screenshots of my e-sword:

Attached File  e-sword.png   297.02K   11 downloadsAttached File  text color.png   14.3K   9 downloads

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

The developer of e-Sword has taken away the option to change the color of Strong's numbers. You could try asking him to have the option back. 

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#7 iichron714

iichron714

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

I see, thank you Bug Hunter.

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

You will need to role back to a version of E-Sword before version 11 in order to have the option to change the color of strong's numbers. As Bug Hunter stated the options were changed in version 11 of e-sword. Sorry for the confusion regarding e-sword and e-sword tooltip

#9 iichron714

iichron714

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

No problem, thanks for your answers!

#10 chriskoch1

chriskoch1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Sorry for not being clear enough with my original request.  I'm not trying to modify the format of individual Strong's numbers, I'm trying to change the default settings that are used when I select "Tools -> Format Strong Numbers".  There doesn't seem to be a way for me to specify the size that's used in e-Sword.

I also just noticed that, when I'm using the Compare feature in e-Sword, my text's Strongs Numbers are not formatted at all!  However when I read only my text like normal, the Strongs numbers appear as superscript and the Strong's # Tooltip pops up when I hover over the H#.  So now I'm wondering whether they're being ToolTipped correctly. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users