Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Itala Bible (Waldensian)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 CitizenoftheRealm

CitizenoftheRealm

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

Sorry again, I guess this forum doesn't notify me if someone responds, and I get busy and forget to check it very often.

Edited by CitizenoftheRealm, 12 January 2020 - 09:01 PM.

#12 CitizenoftheRealm

CitizenoftheRealm

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:00 PM

Where are these "real manuscripts" they used? Also have you found any proof that Olivetan was a Waldensian? The preface, which seems to have been written by him, has him saying to Farel and Saunier, "I remember quite well how you...set off three years ago to visit the Christian Churches..." But then later seems to include him in the group, "in our midst...we could not...our brothers..." I have searched several articles and books [Societa di Storia Valdese Bollettino Commemorativo del Sinodo di Cianforan, Giovanni Calvino e la Riforma in Italia "Calvino e la Bibbia di Olivetano",  Le Livre & Ses Secrets, "9. La Bible d'Olivetan" to name a few] and it seems like most people say that he was not a Waldensian, but afterwards may have joined them. It is true that the Waldenses paid for the work to be done, and then they also had to pay to buy copies of it. Anyway, it would be nice to have the Olivetan on e-Sword as well.

Have a great day!

Sorry again, I guess this forum doesn't notify me if someone responds, and I get busy and forget to check it very often.

The manuscripts I'm still trying to find. I can only go by the text of the Bibles that come from them. From what Wylie says in History of Protestantism, there are at least 6 of these Waldensian Bibles in different libraries in Europe.

I do not know exactly "how" Olivetan was a Waldensian - I just understand that he was a Waldensian as far as his beliefs are concerned, and that he was intimately associated with them. It seems that his family had ties to the Waldensian valleys.

"Four Bibles produced under Waldensian influence touched the history of Calvin: namely, a Greek, a Waldensian vernacular, a French, and an Italian. Calvin himself was led to his great work by Olivetan, a Waldensian. Thus was the Reformation brought to Calvin, that brilliant student of the Paris University. Farel, also a Waldensian, besought him to come to Geneva and open up a work there. Calvin felt that he should labor in Paris. According to Leger, Calvin recognized a relationship to the Calvins of the valley of St. Martin, one of the Waldensian Valleys." Our Authorized Bible Vindicated p.37 (Footnote: Leger, History of the Vaudois, p. 167)

One thing I've found while researching the Waldenses, is that many of the modern Waldensians don't have any memory of their ancestors and they don't have a clue about their awesome history. Many of their institution have now been infiltrated by Rome's agents and there is a concerted effort being made to either erase their history or to insert Rome's disinformation to undermine their glorious heritage. When I contacted the Waldensian Cultural Center in Italy searching for one of their manuscripts, I suspicion that I actually reached one of Rome's agents, because of the rude response I received. They basically brushed me off and acted like they didn't know anything about the manuscript.

The Waldensian group in Valdese NC are basically so modernized, they didn't really know any of the basics of their history, and couldn't help me.

The world was swept off its feet when the Pope kissed the supposed Waldensian Bible in 2015 - but what they didn't tell people was that the Bible he kissed was not one of the original Waldensian Bibles that Rome hates, but an inter-confessional Bible that was approved by the Vatican.

The books you mentioned - Are they in PDF - Do you have any links to where I can find them? Would like to check them out.

Just for the record, I have to sort of analyse and study the various books I find on Waldensian history. Some of the "old books" that I've found on Waldensian history, also appear to be written by Rome's agents and filled with disinformation.

Leger's book is extremely accurate Waldensian history, but one of the other supposed "Waldensian" history books (supposedly written by a professor at one of their institutions), was rather derogatory of Leger - telling me that it was put out by an infiltrator. 

I totally agree, would love to see an E-Sword module of the original Olivetan Bible.

Thought about doing one myself, but I haven't gotten around to it, and I don't have a fluent talent in French (not to mention that it is old French which is different than modern French).

You have a great day as well! :)

Edited by CitizenoftheRealm, 12 January 2020 - 09:02 PM.

#13 CitizenoftheRealm

CitizenoftheRealm

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

Ahh - Think I just figured out how to make it notify me - we'll see if that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users