Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Chain reference for e-sword

6 replies to this topic

#1 gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

Why has no one attempted to create a module for chain reference for e-sword? The TSK is a good start but very limited for someone wanting to really study the scriptures. Also why is it that the Thompson bible is not offered as a premium bible module, as it has a chain reference in it?

#2 Keith

Keith

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBloomington, Illinois

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

Although chain reference systems may be useful if used with discernment, I actually find no need for a chain reference given the ease with which one may perform word studies or searches within e-Sword. Besides, chain reference systems depend a lot on the judgment of those creating them, and I prefer to use my own judgment.

Pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church

Bloomington, Illinois

Writer on the Reformed Baptist Blog

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

http://www.biblesupp...nce-tcrdctxexe/

#4 gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

I disagree completely that a chain reference is not useful!!! I was asking a simple question not debating on its merits.

#5 Keith

Keith

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBloomington, Illinois

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

I prefaced my remarks with this caveat: "Although chain reference systems may be useful if used with discernment." Thus I agree that they may be useful, even if I prefer not to make use of them myself. My main point, however, was that, even if there were none for e-Sword, the functionality of the program mitigates any problem with this issue in my opinion.

At any rate, I also prefer not to debate the relative merits of chain reference systems, and I didn't have in mind debating the issue when I made my comments. I was simply offering what I felt was some wise counsel about the need for discernment when using chain reference systems. May God bless you as you study His Word!

Pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church

Bloomington, Illinois

Writer on the Reformed Baptist Blog

#6 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

gnd_rev1217@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Why has no one attempted to create a module for chain reference for e-sword? The TSK is a good start but very limited for someone wanting to really study the scriptures. Also why is it that the Thompson bible is not offered as a premium bible module, as it has a chain reference in it?

​May I suggest the...."Ultimate Cross Reference Treasury".....Made for e-Sword by E-Study Source.....And Downloadable from within the e-Sword Program itself.

​And as JPG posted earlier you can get "Thompson's Chain Reference"......Here at BibleSupport  http://www.biblesupp...nce-tcrdctxexe/

​Hope some of this will help you !!

​Dartmaster644

#7 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi 

I am not sure if you mean something like this:

CR1-Explantions

Explanations:
Color Markings and Chain of References

Color Markings

All verses about PROPHETIC SUBJECTS are marked with BLUE ink.
 All verses about the HOLY SPIRIT are marked with DARK GREEN ink.
 All verses about SALVATION are marked with RED ink.
 All verses about TEMPORAL BLESSINGS are marked with FUSHION PINK ink.

It will be noted that in the index all subjects are grouped under the four great themes of PROPHETIC SUBJECTS, the HOLY SPIRIT, SALVATION and TEMPORAL BLESSINGS. 

Complete Summary of Chain of References on Subjects:

This is from my study bible set it is in the Reference Library called Niobi SB Teachings. The titles is: CR1-Explantions, CR2-Content, CR3-Prophetic Subjects, CR4-The Holy Spirit, CR5-Salvation, CR6-Temporal Blessings

and my dictionary has a topical scripture references.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users