Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Word 2013 Macro for E-Sword

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

I am trying to set up the Extra in Word 2013. The add-in box is there but the buttons are not visible and nothing works. Under Option/add-ins it is there macros are enabled but still no success. I tried uninstalling e-sword and re-installing but that changed nothing. Can anyone help me? I use this feature a lot. I just switched from Word 2007 to 2013 and yes I switched the "extra" download and removed the 2007 version.

Attached Files

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

I am trying to set up the Extra in Word 2013. The add-in box is there but the buttons are not visible and nothing works. Under Option/add-ins it is there macros are enabled but still no success. I tried uninstalling e-sword and re-installing but that changed nothing. Can anyone help me? I use this feature a lot. I just switched from Word 2007 to 2013 and yes I switched the "extra" download and removed the 2007 version.

Sounds like the issue is the install of Word 2013 and not the e-sword extra 

#3 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

I have the exact same issue with Word 2016

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

Contact Rick Meyers directly, and when you get the solution post here for the benefit of all.

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#5 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:20 AM

I have several times but have yet to get a reply.

#6 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Sounds like the issue is the install of Word 2013 and not the e-sword extra 

I tried to re-install word but did not change anything.

#7 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

Here is the reply I finally got.

Robert,

There is no way for us to troubleshoot the Word macros.  They are provided as a convenience for free.  If they don't work for you, then copy and paste is still a viable option.

In His service,

Rick Meyers

rick@e-sword.net

#8 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

Ok I got mine working. when I installed 2013 I did the 64 bit version and the macro did not work. I just went a complete deleting of the 64 bit  and did the 32 bit install and it worked. i do not know if this helps anyone but that is what I did.

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

Ok I got mine working. when I installed 2013 I did the 64 bit version and the macro did not work. I just went a complete deleting of the 64 bit  and did the 32 bit install and it worked. i do not know if this helps anyone but that is what I did.

Although I do not use the macros, the one thing you did was the correct thing. Something everyone should actually really notice is that 64 bit programs and macros just do not work in a 32 bit environment. So with that here are some important things everyone needs to remember.

• In all versions of 64bit editions of Windows, 32bit programs will work
  • In all versions of 32bit editions of Windows, 64bit programs will not work
  • All 32bit programs using macros are incompatible for 64bit editions of those macros
  • In theory only as I have not tested it, all 64bit programs using macros, 32bit editions of those macros may be possible if the program is backward compatible to older versions and editions. If someone can test this and post the results, may prove helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 26 February 2017 - 01:31 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Preacher725

Preacher725

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

I have a new question.

The macro is working and there is something different. When you try to paste a verse, it always opens with 1 John 4:10. Before it would take you back to the last verse you pasted into the paper. When doing a book study and referencing multiple verses out of one book consecutively this becomes a annoyance when you are used to it doing it different before. Is there a way to change that setting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users