Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How Do I Create Chapters in Topic Editor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DocJLW

DocJLW

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

I have noticed that many who create topics have individual chapters that they have created in their completed topic file. How does one do this? I cannot seem to track this down. The following is a couple screen shots to show. Can someone help me?

JW

Image 1 (file attached)Attached File  image 1.png   40.41K   16 downloads

This first is the document I am starting to create in the topic editor. The following is an example of a topic that has chapters. How do I edit this way?

Image 2 (file attached)Attached File  image 2.png   73.16K   12 downloads

Thank you for whomever answers this.

JW

#2 Kallah

Kallah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

HI JW,

The answer is found in ToolTip Help User's Guide PDF file, page 46: When you open TOOLTIP, it is the last tab on the top right "HELP"

To create a topic module (taken from User Manual page 46 - Chapter 3)

1. Click MARKS from the main menu and choose Set Mark. This inserts a mark so ToolTip NT knows that this is a chapter title (TIP: you can quickly insert a Mark by pressing CTRL-M)

2. Immediately beside the Mark you just inserted, type the title of the Chapter.

3. Press the enter key to create a new line. Type the content of the chapter.

4. You can enter one line or you can type as many paragraphs as you like.

5. For Topic modules, ToolTip NT recognizes lines of text without a MARK as being chapter content. Only lines with a MARK are considered chapter titles.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to insert a picture in this message, otherwise I would have shown you.

I highly recommend the User manual; it is very well designed and will direct you step by step on how to do this with examples etc...

Best wishes

Kallah

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

HI JW,

The answer is found in ToolTip Help User's Guide PDF file, page 46: When you open TOOLTIP, it is the last tab on the top right "HELP"

To create a topic module (taken from User Manual page 46 - Chapter 3)

1. Click MARKS from the main menu and choose Set Mark. This inserts a mark so ToolTip NT knows that this is a chapter title (TIP: you can quickly insert a Mark by pressing CTRL-M)

2. Immediately beside the Mark you just inserted, type the title of the Chapter.

3. Press the enter key to create a new line. Type the content of the chapter.

4. You can enter one line or you can type as many paragraphs as you like.

5. For Topic modules, ToolTip NT recognizes lines of text without a MARK as being chapter content. Only lines with a MARK are considered chapter titles.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to insert a picture in this message, otherwise I would have shown you.

I highly recommend the User manual; it is very well designed and will direct you step by step on how to do this with examples etc...

Best wishes

Kallah

Hi Kallah,

I think the person is talking about the Topic Note Editor, and not T4, and needs to get the help from the e-Sword User Guide.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

I have noticed that many who create topics have individual chapters that they have created in their completed topic file. How does one do this? I cannot seem to track this down. The following is a couple screen shots to show. Can someone help me?

JW

Image 1 (file attached)attachicon.gifimage 1.png

This first is the document I am starting to create in the topic editor. The following is an example of a topic that has chapters. How do I edit this way?

Image 2 (file attached)attachicon.gifimage 2.png

Thank you for whomever answers this.

JW

OK, there are about 3 or 4 ways you can create a Topic/Study note file:

1. e-Sword
  2. T4 (ToolTip Tool NT)
  3. Using your MS Word
  4. Any RTF text editor.

But I'll just stick to e-Sword and T4.

Using e-Sword Topic Note Editor

This is perhaps the simplest way of doing it because there is no code you have to remember, and its just basically plonking stuff in

OK, to create a new Topic Note file from scratch, do the following:

1. In the default topic.topx file, ensure that you have a blank note page where text can be type in available or an existing Topic Note file, then Right Click your mouse button and select New... from the context menu
  2. In the New file dialog, at the bottom give your new topic note file its own unique name.
  3. Then for your first page, which will be your Title/Cover page, click on the New Topic button, and in the new topic dialog type in something like, _Title, or _Cover
  4. To create a "page" for your Table of Contents, again click on the New Topic Button, and in the new topic dialog type in something like, 00. Contents
  5. Then for every new chapter, click on the new New Topic button, and in the new topic dialog and type in your chapter titles prefixed numerically, e.g., 01. Mary, 02, Martha, 03, Joseph and etc. Below is a Screenshot of something similar of what I have created in e-Sword.

Attached File  Screenshot 2017-02-01 12.58.07.png   297.08K   9 downloads

Using T4 (ToolTipTool NT)

To use this program does require a bit of learning, and can be quite complex to use. However, as Kallah pointed out, this program does come with an excellent user guide that will be of enormous help, and should get you through the difficulties of navigating your way around and finding and doing stuff in the program.

I can't add any better or more advice and help than Kallah has, so with that, just follow her tips, and you should be OK.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 31 January 2017 - 06:02 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

OK, there are about 3 or 4 ways you can create a Topic/Study note file:

1. e-Sword
  2. T4 (ToolTip Tool NT)
  3. Using your MS Word
  4. Any RTF text editor.

But I'll just stick to e-Sword and T4.

Using e-Sword Topic Note Editor

This is perhaps the simplest way of doing it because there is no code you have to remember, and its just basically plonking stuff in

OK, to create a new Topic Note file from scratch, do the following:

1. In the default topic.topx file, ensure that you have a blank note page where text can be type in available or an existing Topic Note file, then Right Click your mouse button and select New... from the context menu
  2. In the New file dialog, at the bottom give your new topic note file its own unique name.
  3. Then for your first page, which will be your Title/Cover page, click on the New Topic button, and in the new topic dialog type in something like, _Title, or _Cover
  4. To create a "page" for your Table of Contents, again click on the New Topic Button, and in the new topic dialog type in something like, 00. Contents
  5. Then for every new chapter, click on the new New Topic button, and in the new topic dialog and type in your chapter titles prefixed numerically, e.g., 01. Mary, 02, Martha, 03, Joseph and etc. Below is a Screenshot of something similar of what I have created in e-Sword.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2017-02-01 12.58.07.png

Using T4 (ToolTipTool NT)

To use this program does require a bit of learning, and can be quite complex to use. However, as Kallah pointed out, this program does come with an excellent user guide that will be of enormous help, and should get you through the difficulties of navigating your way around and finding and doing stuff in the program.

I can't add any better or more advice and help than Kallah has, so with that, just follow her tips, and you should be OK.

Blessings,

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users