Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword Will Not Open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#21 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Having trouble opening Esword.  runing pc with vista.  was fine until I undated to ver 11 and installed new premium mod.  Now it won't run.  tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all esword ref in reg with no luck. I love this program and use it a lot but ready to trash it and look for something else.  the file viewer says (application (.exe)  opens with no program found. got to have a program on this old thing that can find a exe file.  Any ideas?

Try deleting all of the modules as well as the program files, then do a reinstall of everything except the new premium module and see what happens 

#22 johnr643

johnr643

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

Done this many times.  I noticed during uninstall this error message "unable to uninstall missing shortcut e-sword link" No idea what this is but could be the problem

#23 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

Done this many times.  I noticed during uninstall this error message "unable to uninstall missing shortcut e-sword link" No idea what this is but could be the problem

Try downloading the E-Sword 11 installer again and doing a fresh install with that, it might be that the installer you already has been corrupted 

#24 johnr643

johnr643

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:13 AM

Gave up. Now use swordsearcher.

#25 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

Gave up. Now use swordsearcher.

The error message you received indicates that the installer you were using was creating a corrupt installation of E-Sword

#26 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

The error message you received indicates that the installer you were using was creating a corrupt installation of E-Sword

Or either that he has some bad clusters on his Hard Drive, or may be severely fragmented, and therefore may need to run chckdsk and/or defrag. It could be e-Sword is sitting on a corrupted cluster or is severely fragmented on the Hard drive. Could be wrong, but no harm in trying to fix it up. At least the HDD will get a possible overdue cleanup, and programs will at least run a heap smoother and faster.

Suggest that this person runs Disk Cleanup, which is found in the Start Program Menu under Window Administrative Tools folder. This program will run chckdsk and Windows Defrag, and will clean up any and/or all temp, and old files.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#27 sherri63

sherri63

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Hi

i have a 64, what ever it is, sony laptop, E Sword is only downloading the 32 one, where can i aquuire the 64 download link?

#28 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:26 AM

Hi

i have a 64, what ever it is, sony laptop, E Sword is only downloading the 32 one, where can i aquuire the 64 download link?

There is no 64 bit edition of e-Sword for PC.

Just install e-Sword in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ map that is made for 32 bit programs for the 64 bit edition Windows 10

Don't try to place it in the C:\Program Files\ map that is made for 64 bit programs.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#29 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:59 PM

Hi...not sure this is a BUG issue, but seems to have some relations to one nonetheless.

I have had e-Sword for years...and absolutely LOVE it...never had an issue ever until the latest update.

I have no idea what happened, but now I can't see eSword at all.  Task Manager says it's running, but I

have no access to it. 

At the same time I updated e-Sword, I also had an update for Win8.1...so they both ran the updates and

rebooted the pc.  Now I am without e-Sword.  Thinking perhaps something got corrupted, sadly, I uninstalled e-Sword,

losing all my many years of notes and studies not thinking at the time to save data, nor knowing I could do such a thing.

Anyway, I downloaded the new version and the same problem.  It's running, but I have no access to it.

Someone suggested I delete some key in the registry, ..I did so.  Still will not run.

HELP....I am absolutely devastated that I don't have this program anymore.

#30 Cherps

Cherps

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:08 PM

HELP....I am absolutely devastated that I don't have this program anymore.

I have attempted to install older versions of e-Sword...still no help. 

Task Manager says program is running, but I have zero access to it...can't see it.

I am utterly lost without my e-Sword.  If anyone has a solution to this problem, PLEASE HELP ME!

I have run as administrator the chkdsk /f option...plus a few other repair commands..

still not able to run e-Sword.  I downloaded "The Word" bible ..and it works fine...but does

not compare to e-Sword. 

PLEASE HELP ME

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users