Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Complete Word Study Dictionary for iTouch/ iPhone?

7 replies to this topic

#1 swauthor@usa.net

swauthor@usa.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Hi, I just purchased Complete Word Study Dictionary and it downloaded fine to my computer but I could not see it on my iTouch list even after rebooting.  That cost me $40 and I mostly purchased it is for my device.  Is there no device version available?

Thank you,

Sandy

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

http://estudysource....ge/help.aspx#55

#3 swauthor@usa.net

swauthor@usa.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Thank you for responding, but that doesn't answer my question.  Is Complete Word Study Dictionary available for iTouch/iPhone???  I downloaded it to my computer but it is not on the list in on iTouch.

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Contact Rick Meyers http://www.e-sword.n...one/contact.htm

#5 swauthor@usa.net

swauthor@usa.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

I am sorry and new to eSword.  I just now found it under Lexicon.

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

I understand :)

#7 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

A while back there was quite a discussion here about dictionaries and lexicons and just what the differences are.  (Some of us still aren't positive they have it right,)  ;-)

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

The Oxford English Dictionary has these definitions as the way we currently use the words.

Lexicon
 a. A word-book or dictionary; chiefly applied to a dictionary of Greek, Hebrew, Syriac, or Arabic.
The restricted use is due to the fact that until recently dictionaries of these particular languages were usually in Latin, and in modern Latin lexicon, not dictionarius, has been the word generally used.

Dictionary
 a. A book which explains or translates, usually in alphabetical order, the words of a language or languages (or of a particular category of vocabulary), giving for each word its typical spelling, an explanation of its meaning or meanings, and often other information, such as pronunciation, etymology, synonyms, equivalents in other languages, and illustrative examples. Cf. lexicon n., wordbook n.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users