Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Highlights across all translations

5 replies to this topic

#1 johanndj

johanndj

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

Hello all!

I saw a post by Rick where he mentions "Highlighting for Bibles is now verse specific (long-press on the verse reference link to do so). However you also get those highlights traveling across all translations now, and you can get a listing of all the verses you have highlighted.(2014)". It was a while ago though, and I am not sure if this is still available in the latest version. Can someone perhaps please shed more light on this function and how to go about using it?

Thanks!

Johann

#2 Gary Timm

Gary Timm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Hello all!

I saw a post by Rick where he mentions "Highlighting for Bibles is now verse specific (long-press on the verse reference link to do so). However you also get those highlights traveling across all translations now, and you can get a listing of all the verses you have highlighted.(2014)". It was a while ago though, and I am not sure if this is still available in the latest version. Can someone perhaps please shed more light on this function and how to go about using it?

Thanks!

Johann

Hi Johann, I think your reference may be in regards to the Mac version of e-Sword... and the Highlighting across Bible versions still applies. e-Sword X has quite a few differences from the Windows version. The following link describes this function under version 3.0:

http://www.e-sword.net/mac/help.htm

I hope this helps, Blessings...

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 January 2023 - 02:58 AM

e-Sword X for MAC OS version 8.1.2 updated 2022-07-29 As a follow up to the previous Advice mentioned by Gary Timm, the help page for e-Sword X for the Mac has now been updated to include Version 8 changes. The link is: http://www.e-sword.net/mac/help.htm

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 18 January 2023 - 02:59 AM.

#4 ALo@OTi

ALo@OTi

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 02:50 AM

Highlighting across Bible versions seem not available for desktop modes & additionally a quick secondary highlight color select button, to highlight within highlighted text, without having to constantly change option + a quick delete highlight option would also be welcomed.

My suggested workaround thus far for highlight across Bible versions, is to select the verse I highlighted within & make a general study note like i.e HL [Highlight]. This will underline the verse in ALL Bible versions & one could then switch over to the Bible version you regularly use for Highlighting. Though to prevent confusion, one should then stick to only highlight in one selected Bible version.  

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 04:48 AM

Suggest your idea here on the developer site https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#6 ThomasMyers

ThomasMyers

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the information.    UPSers - Login Portal for UPSers.com Employee

Edited by ThomasMyers, 18 July 2023 - 11:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users