Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Study Note Suggestions

3 replies to this topic

#1 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:53 AM

Hi,

I enjoy doing word studies and often I will have comment about several words within a verse. I want to separate them from each other (easy enough to do) but do you have any suggestions how, when reading through a chapter that there is a comment in the verse(s)?

I don't think we can insert a number or a letter next to the word as in study bibles or can we? If not what would be the format that you all would use?

Thanks for any suggestions.

B.Mayes

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

If you are using the study note editor there will be a line under the verse reference where there is a note(s) on that verse

Least in 10.4 there is

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

You're probably right. I haven't done it yet because I want a perfect system of noting. After all these years you'd think I'd know this already.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

If you are using the study note editor there will be a line under the verse reference where there is a note(s) on that verse

Least in 10.4 there is

Is there as well in 11x (11.04). Nothing has changed.

What you have in e-Sword 10x, is there in e-Sword 11x. When using the editors, by default rtf is still used. Only difference is it now can read HTML (top1, not1, and jnl1) code. Another thing as well, 11x is able to import HTML web pages. Can't remember if that is the case with 9x or 10x. If someone can validate this one way or another, will be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Blessings,

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users