Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Parallel View version 11

13 replies to this topic

#1 haegri

haegri

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

I have just upgraded to version 11. What I mostly used e-sword for in the past was comparing versions in parallel mode with the Hebrew and Greek. However, I now discover that the Hebrew and Greek versions are no longer in the menus for the individual columns in parallel mode. Am I missing something?

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

I have just upgraded to version 11. What I mostly used e-sword for in the past was comparing versions in parallel mode with the Hebrew and Greek. However, I now discover that the Hebrew and Greek versions are no longer in the menus for the individual columns in parallel mode. Am I missing something?

Yes.

You need to upgrade your modules to the latest html type that are used in e-Sword 11.

#3 haegri

haegri

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

Thanks. I downloaded what seemed to be the upgraded version of the Hebrew text - but it isn't pointed, whereas the old one was. The old one is still there in e-sword - it just doesn't show up in the parallel view.

#4 haegri

haegri

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

And the only consecutive version of the Greek NT I can find - that is, one without the reference numbers - isn't readable - there's something wrong with the font. I fear this version of e-sword has broken the things I found most useful.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Which Greek version do you mean. Have you a link to it?

#6 RichardKHurst

RichardKHurst

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

I am having a problem with my parallel view also in the new version.   Modules uploaded fine but now in parallel view I can't click on a verse and have the commentary display for that verse.  I can go to a single bible version and click on a verse and the commentary shows up fine......just not in parallel view.   Anyone else with that problem?

#7 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:21 AM

Modules uploaded fine but now in parallel view I can't click on a verse and have the commentary display for that verse.  I can go to a single bible version and click on a verse and the commentary shows up fine......just not in parallel view.   Anyone else with that problem?

yes, the synchronisation between parallel view and commentary was also buggy in 10.4.

Select the verse in Bible view and switch to parallel view.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

I have just sent as a bug report to Rick Meyers.

#9 haegri

haegri

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

@jpg - The Greek version is just called 'Greek NT' in the menus, and it has diacritics/accents. Letters in the font are squashed together, making it unreadable. The extended versions with number references display OK, but they're not so good for reading. (I can actually read Greek, for my pains!) I think the one I used to use mostly was the WH without accents or numbers, but there doesn't seem to be a version like that in the new downloads.

#10 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:57 AM

The Greek version is just called 'Greek NT' in the menus, and it has diacritics/accents. Letters in the font are squashed together, making it unreadable. The extended versions with number references display OK, but they're not so good for reading. (I can actually read Greek, for my pains!) I think the one I used to use mostly was the WH without accents or numbers, but there doesn't seem to be a version like that in the new downloads.

Greek NT is the 1912 "Patriarchal" edition of the Greek Orthodox Church. (update of the 1904).

Greek NT TR is without diacritics/accents based on TR1550 and  TR1894

To read modules with diacritics need you to change the Font (options and Fonts) : fonts like New Times Roman and SBL Greek (for Greek) supporting diacritics.

If you can Greek then can I use help for proofreading of the RTR 1.0

I have removed the diacritics and punctuation of the TRa module and try to make it as the RTR beta(based on an old TR module) but with strong numbers and Morph codes (that I can remove later for other modules).

Knowing the differences between the TR1550 and the TR1894 do I need only editing the known verses with textual variants and compare the result with the beta version.

Edited by Katoog, 15 November 2016 - 05:10 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users