Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Faster navigation and more intuitive copying?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Cowan

Rick Cowan

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

Is there a faster way to navigate to passages? I once used a Bible program which allowed you to simply type your reference in a box (navigate to it easily by pressing alt+g). One could quickly get to their desired passage by pressing alt+g and typing the passage + enter. Is there any such feature in e-Sword?

Also, is there a way to copy a list of verses? Maybe a dialog where one could enter a list like "john 3:16; genesis 1:1; Titus 3:5" and have it copy all of these to the clipboard?

Thanks!

Rick

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

Ctrl+L will put the cursor in the "Lookup Scripture Reference" box.

The User Guide that comes with e-Sword describes how to copy a list of verses. See Chapter 5 THE VERSE LIST FEATURE – SAVING VERSES. Section "Creating a Verse List and Adding Verses"

Once the data is in the verse list, you simply click the "Copy search results" icon in the Verse List window.

#3 Rick Cowan

Rick Cowan

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

Ctrl+L for Lookup Scripture Reference is excellent.

The verse list feature is not very conducive for quickly copying a series of passages however. In sermon prep, I sometimes need three or four verses from various passages pasted into my notes. A dialog box which allows the quick entering of a series of references would be ideal.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users