Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword X for Mac

5 replies to this topic

#1 drwadetb

drwadetb

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNixa, Missouri 65714

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Does Bible Support plan to have Modules for Exsword X for Mac in the near future?

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Does Bible Support plan to have Modules for Exsword X for Mac in the near future?

All resources for e-Sword HD and LT (iPad and iPhone respectively) will run on e-Sword X. They all share the same file extensions, e.g., bbli, cmti, devi, and etc.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 bdraht

bdraht

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:45 PM

They do have a fair amount of modules, when you come to the download page just check the formats. I have however ended up converting a fair amount using the converter, which seems to work well if you have a windows computer.

#4 John Nelly Wry

John Nelly Wry

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Can someone explain to me how to convert a non-compatible OS X module using a Windows PC? Thanks!

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

Can someone explain to me how to convert a non-compatible OS X module using a Windows PC? Thanks!

If you mean converting a windows module to a mac module there is a converter available at the e-sword homepage:

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html 

The converter is located at the bottom of the page linked above.

If you mean converting a Mac module to PC format, simply download and install E-Sword 11 as it runs both formats 

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

Considering this topic is about e-Sword X for the Mac OS, I thought that this is the best place to post some sort of important news.

Now one of the biggest complaints I've seen relating to e-Sword X is the lack (and that is seriously understating it) of tools for e-Sword X on the Mac operating system. Well, by the looks of it, it ain't going to be much longer.

Microsoft is doing another major cross platform kind of paradigm shift type thinking. Rather than me telling you what it is, Click here to read about it.

OK, I take it that you've clicked on the link and read the blog, and have an idea of what in all possibility and in all reality could be happening, is major news for e-Sword tools developers who have their Windows PC and also may have a Mac machine.

I think this will really gives developers (programmers) who own Macs the ability to create tools for e-Sword X in an environment that they are use to, and using a language that they know and are comfortable with, of which could be usually C# and C++, and may also incorporate the Swift (a re-invention or rehash of Objective C) programming language.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users