Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing bibles or books

4 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Hadden_46191

Charles Hadden_46191

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

How do I do this? Thanks

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

By far the simplest way is to click on Options > Resources then select the type of module you want to remove, scroll down to that module, Right click (left click if you are a lefty like me and have your mouse set to reflect that).  A pop up window appears and asks if you want to Delete the Resource Permanently, click that window, another window pops up with an "Are you sure" message, click yes.  The offending module is removed.

HTH

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

How do I do this? Thanks

By far the simplest way is to click on Options > Resources then select the type of module you want to remove, scroll down to that module, Right click (left click if you are a lefty like me and have your mouse set to reflect that).  A pop up window appears and asks if you want to Delete the Resource Permanently, click that window, another window pops up with an "Are you sure" message, click yes.  The offending module is removed.

HTH

Another way, and perhaps the most brutal way, is to simply delete them using Windows File Explorer.

To to that, open Windows File Explorer, and then go to your e-Sword folder in Program Files (x86)\ then select any resource files you wish to delete.

However, a word of advice. Whether you delete files via e-Sword, or delete them using Windows File Explorer, do a back-up of them. This way you will have a copy if in the event you may wish to use them again.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 GreggTrickett

GreggTrickett

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

I down loaded a commentary by FB MEYERS, and want to delete it. I've tried using the option through e-sword to permanently delete it but it wont go away. I've also tried to delete it through windows file manager, even renaming it and deleting that one, but the module keeps coming back.

I am perplexed. What am I to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:09 AM

I down loaded a commentary by FB MEYERS, and want to delete it. I've tried using the option through e-sword to permanently delete it but it wont go away. I've also tried to delete it through windows file manager, even renaming it and deleting that one, but the module keeps coming back.

I am perplexed. What am I to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe is the file in the VirtualStore

C:\Users\??\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

Then open e-Sword and click on options/ Resources an right click on the commentary file and "delete resource permanently".

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users