Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

topic module converting .docx footnotes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tpyates

tpyates

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

I'm intending to create an E-Sword topx module from a set of chapters originally in Word.docx files. I have experimented with converting footnotes from WORD.docx using bookmarks and links, but have found it to be painstakingly slow going to get it to work (I'm still getting the hang of the functions), one by one, but since my original document contains about 700+ footnotes, (many have substantial secondary discussion, not simply book references), so this one by one process will not be an effective use of time.

Since Tooltip does a nice job of batch converting Scripture references to hyperlinked pop-up text, has someone already, or can someone design a macro or conversion button to batch convert Word.docx footnotes (they need to be a bit larger than one digit number to get mouse-over to work better, something like 001, 002) to hyperlinked pop-up boxes as well? Somebody must have encountered this problem before, but I don't see anything posted in the forum on this. This Scripture pop-up is such a nice feature in E-Sword that to have this type of option available for document footnotes would be a nice feature. 

Obviously I can just drop the idea of hyperlinked pop-up footnote boxes, and post all footnotes as endnotes within the chapter text, and just re-write in the endnote numbers in the chapter text since they don't copy into Tooltip using copy and paste, nor do they copy over when opening RTF file in Tooltip either. However, scrolling down to the end every time one encounters a footnote is just not making good use of the E book format or the functional purpose of these substantive footnotes.

Edited by tpyates, 06 November 2016 - 08:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users