Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Cloud sync & store?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Linden

Linden

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:02 AM

Is it possible to store topic notes on a cloud and direct my desktop and laptop to the cloud and thus sync my work?  If so how do I redirect e-sword to find these files on the cloud rather than on the PCs?

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

Yes it is possible

and there are two ways of doing this but you must be able to see your cloud storage provider in File Explorer

1. is transfer all user files to cloud and redirect esword to that file folder

2. move just that one or as many as you want of topx or any editor created module for that matter.

NOTE: you may already know this but if you transfer the file your working on and you are without internet then you will not be able to load that file

let me know wich option you want to do and I will be more specific

DSaw 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 Linden

Linden

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

I have posted a few select topic files to MS OneDrive and then directed both laptop and desktop e-sword to the cloud by changing user file location  (Options, Resource).  However the data does not seem to sync.  Suggestions?

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

I do not use OneDrive But in Dropbox one has to manually link accounts is there something like that in OneDrive

DSaw

Edit: each PC laptop etc needs to tell OneDrive which folder on OneDrive that that PC, laptop, etc. want to have synced

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2016 - 12:08 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

I have posted a few select topic files to MS OneDrive and then directed both laptop and desktop e-sword to the cloud by changing user file location  (Options, Resource).  However the data does not seem to sync.  Suggestions?

Hi Linden,

In the devices where you have e-Sword installed (whether Desktop PC, Laptop, and/or Surface tablet) open the Recourse dialog by clicking on the Resource... menu Item in Options. Then in the Resource dialog, where it says, User Files Location, click on the button with a Folder icon. Then from there select your preferred Cloud storage (see attached screenshot below). Do this on all your devices where you have e-Sword installed.

Every time you run e-Sword, providing that they are connected to the internet by some WIFI provider and/or device (router), e-Sword will load those files from that location. (Tried, tested, and it works.)

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Attached Files

Edited by APsit190, 31 October 2016 - 02:26 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

I've made 2 short videos showing you how to sync e-sword to Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. Unfortunately, Dropbox is no longer free or I would of made one for it. However, it should be very similar for Dropbox and other cloud storage systems.

Google Drive

OneDrive

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users