Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to use external microsd for modules?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Qun Mang

Qun Mang

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

I would like to know if anyone knows how to get MySword to use the sd/micro sd intead of the internal/emulated SD?  I did a little research before posting this and it looks like KitKat radically changed how the SD card could be used, but Lollipop reverted some changes so apps could once again write to the external card.  The problem is, MySword doesn't seem to be able to write to it- whenever I try to select this card for my custom module path, both with and without the split option being selected, I get an error saying the "folder is read only read-only or cannot be written to: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"

The tablet originally had KitKat, but was upgraded to 5.1.1 shortly after purchase.  Things I have tried include deleting the program data, uninstalling and reinstalling MySword, and manually creating a MySword folder on the the micro sd card, then a modules folder inside that (both using ES File Explorer which had no such issue writing to the card) and pointing MySword to those to no avail.  Is there anything I can do short of rooting the tablet and installing a link app (app thinks it is writing to emulated sd card but in reality writes to another location, in this case the micro sd)?  Or is there another free alternative to MySword available that doesn't have this issue?  Needless to say, space is the big issue here as currently only 1GB is still available on the internal storage while the 64GB micro sd is going mostly unused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

All the things you tried should have worked I have KitKat Had to look it up 4.4.2 and those are my settings split modules go to the SD card and settings stay on the tablet

Have you tried contacting the MySword Team 

http://www.mysword.info/contact-us

Give them about 24 hours to respond

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 Qun Mang

Qun Mang

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

No, I hadn't yet.  I saw this forum as part of my researching the problem and decided to try my luck.  Thanks for the info.

Edit: Actually, I believe I figured out what was wrong. I rebooted the tablet and ran MySword again.  The same thing happened, but this time I noticed that the split checkbox was only active when the first option was selected (default I think)- I am sure it was active for all three before I rebooted.  I went with the first option with the split box checked and that allowed it to proceed.  I then downloaded a couple of translations and opened up ES File Explorer, and sure enough- the files were in the Android folder on the micro sd card.  I guess the topic can be closed if that is something that is done here.

Edited by Qun Mang, 30 October 2016 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users