Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone got an older copy of e-sword they'd share?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel G. Taylor

Nathaniel G. Taylor

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone have copies of any of the following versions of e-Sword they'd be willing to share with me: 10, 9, (I'd even settle for 8, if it's what I can get)? 

I know that this is a potential hot-button issue, what with trying to get everyone to update to the most current version, and all. However, I am using an older system that cannot run Windows 10 (even if I did have the money to buy it), and version 11 is not compatible with Windows XP, apparently.

I used to have e-Sword on this machine, and it used to run great for me. Sure, it had a few quirks here and there, but they were manageable (just as much as the current version does, I'm sure). Now, I don't have anything and the only reason is that I tried to upgrade to the current version, without realizing that it wouldn't work with my OS, nor that I would lose the program entirely because I didn't have a backup copy of the old setup file. So, I'm stuck. 

Yes, it's an old machine.

No, it isn't about to die. It is stable, if not up-to-date.

If you have a copy of an older version, and you're willing to share it, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Nathaniel

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:19 AM

Minimal system requirements:

• Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7/8/10
  • Pentium based PC (or equivalent)
  • 800 x 600 resolution or greater

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

The above statement was taken from the official e-Sword site, and it shows that the new version (11) should work with XP.

I suggest you contact the e-Sword developer with this issue as he will be interested to know if you have an issue with it not working. At some point he was doing all the development work with XP.

Contact form is on his site http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

The hoarder has some version 9.  Pmed you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users