Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

how to delete a study note

4 replies to this topic

#1 MLI

MLI

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

I made a study note as a test and then deleted out the content of the note.  The verse is still marked as having a study note.  Is there anyway to delete the note and the indicator that there is one for this verse?  Thank you for your help.

#2 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGarden Grove, California, 92844, USA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

You can delete any Study Note:
1. Navigate to the verse with the Study Note you want to delete.
2. Select all the text in the window with the mouse or by pressing Ctrl-A key combination.
3. Press the Delete key to delete the Study Note. You can undelete the text by pressing Ctrl-Z key combination or clicking the Undo icon.

#3 MLI

MLI

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

Thank you.  I just tried this.  The content of the note was deleted.  Good Job.  However, the verse is still double underlined in the Bible view.  How do I delete the "whatever" is causing the double underline?  As it stands now, the verse looks like it has study notes but the notes are empty.

:) I guess I'll just have to put some study into the verse so that it does have real and valuable notes.  Unless someone has another suggestion.

Thanks for your effort.

#4 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGarden Grove, California, 92844, USA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

Sorry, I can't help beyond copying words from the help file which I did.  In my e-Sword there is no double underline in the Bible view... I didn't know there was supposed to be.

#5 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:01 AM

Hi MLI,

I'm betting that when you navigated to another chapter, then returned to the first, the underlining had mysteriously disappeared. Am I correct? I've noticed this anomaly before and believe it's just somehow held in memory in the database until you refresh either the display, the program or PC memory by doing so.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users