Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My E-Sword Won't Run! Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#11 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

I've had my e-sword ap for over 10 years on my desk top. I've got the 2017 version. 

It's also on my old ipad but without all the purchased commentaries, dictionaries, and bible versions. 

About a month ago, the ap just wouldn't open. It kept telling me there was an unexpected error. I tried opening it from the file page, but got the same response. 

It sounds like you might to to uninstall and then reinstall of e-Sword as something has become corrupt 

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 May 2023 - 09:07 PM

Also the reply about running reedit.  If you do not know what your doing you could screw up your system by accidentally deleting a wrong entry.  I have had training on this as I have a degree in Network Admin and Computer repair and have had people that either thought they knew what they were doing and didn't or tried to follow directions like you gave and while they are correct directions you have to do everything the right way.  If you do not you could remove or alter an entry in the registry that could make your computer not boot up.  You also needed to tell them to back up their registry database and how to do that and how to get the computer running enough to you could put the back up reg. file/database copy back into place and how to do that.  That was not done either.

Otherwise people end up hiring a person for 45 bucks an hour if they are lucky to find someone that cheap up to 200 or more and hour to fix it or take it to BB and it cost 200-600 to get their computer up and running or if it really got messed up have to reinstall the os and do all of the updates and reinstall everything you had on it and update that as most people do not make images of their hard drives just in case of a failure and do not back up their important files and pictures and have to pay to have them pulled off the hard drive at the above stated prices.

I realize that I'm pretty much very late in responding to this reply. So, no blasting me to pieces on this as its just a waste of blasting thingy.

ME1, I am more than aware of the "dangers" of the murky waters one get into when playing around with the Windows Registry. Been there and done it, and got a t-shirt to prove it! That said, when one does as instructed, and doesn't veer from those instructions, logic should tell you that one is safe as Fort Knox.

Moreover, the proof is in the pudding (desert). As seen by what Ironside had said:

Thanks APsit! Thanks also to Rick Meyers! I emailed him about the problem and he promptly replied and also gave a tip. 

Thanks to you both! It worked!!! I can now run my E-sword again! Thank God! 

Looks like he stuck to the instructions, and it worked.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

P.S. I'm a Systems/Software (retired) developer, and every time I test the code I duck under the desk in the event the Computer blows up.

ROFL.gif

Edited by APsit190, 06 May 2023 - 09:08 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users