Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My E-Sword Won't Run! Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ironside

Ironside

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:53 AM

It was fine yesterday. My PC has no virus. All other programs work. All exe files are good. It's just that when I click on my e-sword, it gets stuck at the point when the e-sword logo is shown. It never gets to the point where I can view it and navigate in it. 

It's just a big blue square with the words "E-sword......" in it that's shown on the monitor. 

What could be wrong? Thanks. I reinstalled over and over again E-Sword. It did not help. 

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:11 AM

download ccleaner.

https://www.piriform...leaner/download

It is maybe a prefeth or memory dumb  or cache problem.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Ironside

Ironside

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

Thanks! I tried it but still it won't run. It is stuck. I wonder what could be wrong. Any other ideas? 

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

Try installing e-Sword as a Administrator.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 Ironside

Ironside

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:49 PM

Try installing e-Sword as a Administrator.

Thanks for the tip. How do I do that? 

Update: I tried it, but still it doesn't work. Any other ideas please. Thanks. 

Edited by Ironside, 18 October 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

This is something that is new to me, and one which I have never experienced.

My recommendation is no better than what others have suggested, but I think it might be a worth a try.

1. Uninstall e-Sword
  2. Use CCleaner to give your system a thorough cleaning by:
    1. Cleaning your Cache and etc
    2. Cleaning your Registry
  3. Reboot your PC.
  4. Open Windows the Windows Registry Editor by right-click on the Window Program Menu, and then click on Run in the context menu. Then type in, regedit.
  5. Once in the Registry Editor, click in the Edit menu, Find... menu item, and in the Find dialog type in e-Sword and click the OK button. The delete all references to e-Sword in the registry. For finding all references to e-Sword (after having found the first one) Click on the Find Next menu item.
  6. Once having deleted all references to e-Sword in the Registry, reboot your computer.
  7. Then finally reinstall e-Sword.

I realize that this takes a lot of work, but I hope it will work out for you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 October 2016 - 02:04 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Ironside

Ironside

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Thanks APsit! Thanks also to Rick Meyers! I emailed him about the problem and he promptly replied and also gave a tip. 

Thanks to you both! It worked!!! I can now run my E-sword again! Thank God! 

Edited by Ironside, 18 October 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#8 ME1

ME1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

Also the reply about running reedit.  If you do not know what your doing you could screw up your system by accidentally deleting a wrong entry.  I have had training on this as I have a degree in Network Admin and Computer repair and have had people that either thought they knew what they were doing and didn't or tried to follow directions like you gave and while they are correct directions you have to do everything the right way.  If you do not you could remove or alter an entry in the registry that could make your computer not boot up.  You also needed to tell them to back up their registry database and how to do that and how to get the computer running enough to you could put the back up reg. file/database copy back into place and how to do that.  That was not done either.

Otherwise people end up hiring a person for 45 bucks an hour if they are lucky to find someone that cheap up to 200 or more and hour to fix it or take it to BB and it cost 200-600 to get their computer up and running or if it really got messed up have to reinstall the os and do all of the updates and reinstall everything you had on it and update that as most people do not make images of their hard drives just in case of a failure and do not back up their important files and pictures and have to pay to have them pulled off the hard drive at the above stated prices.

#9 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

ME 1,

The thread you replied to is almost two years old, and the problem was solved.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#10 mbfilush

mbfilush

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

I've had my e-sword ap for over 10 years on my desk top. I've got the 2017 version. 

It's also on my old ipad but without all the purchased commentaries, dictionaries, and bible versions. 

About a month ago, the ap just wouldn't open. It kept telling me there was an unexpected error. I tried opening it from the file page, but got the same response. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users