Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Strong's no. Bible: ESV, LEB, WEB, NIV, NRSV, etc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:27 AM

I have created some e-Sword bible modules tagged with Strong's no.

I would like to know if it is alright to share ESV & LEB, both tagged with Strong's no. with e-Sword users.

[... a screenshot of ESV (+Strong + notes + cross-reference) attached here ...]

I know these two bibles are used with permission for e-Sword, but I am not sure if I can share through biblesupport.com

I don't want to do any inappropriate uploads.

any idea?

I think, for now, it is safe to upload World English Bible (WEB) with Strong's no.

... and I did ... you may find  at http://www.biblesupp...b-pc-v11-apple/

For the rest, like NIV, NRSV, etc. ... probably don't have a chance to share ... but feel free to let me know if policy changed in the future.

Attached Files

#2 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

an update on ESV with Strong's no.: I had just got an email from Rick Meyers (creator of e-Sword), he wrote,

"While it is true that the ESV is a free download within e-Sword, it is not entirely free.  I pay a hefty license fee to make it available for e-Sword users. In fact, their license fee went up 1000% this year and I struggled with even bothering with renewing our license.

With that said, I can certainly make available this module you created within e-Sword's downloader."

I would like to express my gratitude to Rick, who made the sacrifice paying the license free of ESV, to make it free for us.

I had submitted the file to Rick for distributing through the built-in downloader.

Blessings,
Eliran Wong

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

The NRSV and NIV modules is a E-Sword Premium (Pay) module so you might need permission from the copyright holder to distribute them  

Edited by Tj Higgins, 17 October 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#4 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

The NRSV and NIV modules is a E-Sword Premium (Pay) module so you might need permission from the copyright holder to distribute them

... that's why I wrote "For the rest, like NIV, NRSV, etc. ... probably don't have a chance to share ..."

#5 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

update: Rick has license to distribute.  I had submitted most wanted bibles, tagged with Strong's no. to him.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

update: Rick has license to distribute.  I had submitted most wanted bibles, tagged with Strong's no. to him.

Eliran,

Truly your blood is worth bottling, and you're worth your weight in gold. Two things with that:

1. Don't tell anyone that your blood is worth bottling else everyone will bleed you dry
  2. Praise God you don't weigh too much, and we don't have to fork out too much gold.

So on that basis, you're a pretty good bloke, and thank you for your hard yakka (work). :D

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 October 2016 - 06:58 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Trevor2525

Trevor2525

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

i can't seam to find the ESV with strongs numbers. Is it still available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users