Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problems about Simple_Bible_Reader_v2.9

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 whiteniao

whiteniao

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:15 PM

Three questions.

1.I downloaded a chinese bible from the e-sword PC, and opened it 10 times, only at the first time it shows chinese, others shows "???????"

2.I open a chinese bible mysword format,and it shows ok, then I exported to a.bblx, it's also ok. but when I close it and open a.bblx in the simple bibile reader, it shows "??????"

3.When I convert myword's bible to esword, it added some codes,like

Mat 1:1 The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham: [<small><ref>Psa 132:11</ref>; <ref>Isa 11:1</ref></small>]

and converted the commentary also added codes:

Matthew 1:1
<p><strong>The genealogy of Jesus</strong></p><p><strong>Matthew 1:1-17</strong></p><p><strong>Luke 3:23-38</strong></p><p>Matthew's Genealogy starts at <strong>Abraham</strong> and goes to Jesus.  Luke's Genealogy starts at Jesus and goes in reverse to <strong>Adam.</strong> 

How can I deal with these codes?

Thanks a lot.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

Contact the developer of "Simple Bible Reader".

#3 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

Three questions.

1.I downloaded a chinese bible from the e-sword PC, and opened it 10 times, only at the first time it shows chinese, others shows "???????"

do you mean this issue appear even before conversion?  Chinese bible appears fine in e-Sword in my computer.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Three questions.

2.I open a chinese bible mysword format,and it shows ok, then I exported to a.bblx, it's also ok. but when I close it and open a.bblx in the simple bibile reader, it shows "??????"

3.When I convert myword's bible to esword, it added some codes,like

Mat 1:1 The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son (descendant) of David, the son (descendant) of Abraham: [<small><ref>Psa 132:11</ref>; <ref>Isa 11:1</ref></small>]

and converted the commentary also added codes:

Matthew 1:1
<p><strong>The genealogy of Jesus</strong></p><p><strong>Matthew 1:1-17</strong></p><p><strong>Luke 3:23-38</strong></p><p>Matthew's Genealogy starts at <strong>Abraham</strong> and goes to Jesus.  Luke's Genealogy starts at Jesus and goes in reverse to <strong>Adam.</strong> 

How can I deal with these codes?

Thanks a lot.

Sounds like a possible font issue with Simple Bible Reader, if there is a way to check the fonts in Simple Bible Reader you should do so to check and see if it as the correct font for Chinese. Esword uses a font called PMingLiU for both Traditional and Simplified Chinese. 

The codes you have a problem with are HTML codes and will work fine if you have E-Sword 11 installed on your PC as it is designed to run html files 

#5 whiteniao

whiteniao

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

do you mean this issue appear even before conversion?  Chinese bible appears fine in e-Sword in my computer.

Sorry, I mean the chinese bible I downloaded from the e-sword PC can shows fine in my e-sword PC, BUT when I opened it in Simple_Bible_Reader_v2.9, only the first time it shows chinese, others shows "???????"

#6 whiteniao

whiteniao

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

Sounds like a possible font issue with Simple Bible Reader, if there is a way to check the fonts in Simple Bible Reader you should do so to check and see if it as the correct font for Chinese. Esword uses a font called PMingLiU for both Traditional and Simplified Chinese. 

The codes you have a problem with are HTML codes and will work fine if you have E-Sword 11 installed on your PC as it is designed to run html files 

In fact, I use e-Sword®Version 11.0.6.

I don't know what's the problem.

#7 whiteniao

whiteniao

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

Is there a way to check the fonts in Simple Bible Reader?  the Simple Bible Reader v2.9 only has one file which is exe.

#8 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:33 AM

what Chinese bible you are trying to convert? many are ready made.

#9 whiteniao

whiteniao

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

what Chinese bible you are trying to convert? many are ready made.

Thank you. I have most of the chinese bibles, what I did was just looking for the method of converting mysword's commentaries or dictionaries to e-sword and theword.

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:00 PM

In fact, I use e-Sword®Version 11.0.6.

I don't know what's the problem.

I did a little checking and Simple Bible Reader is not designed for files made using the E-Sword HD extensions such as BBLI and CMTI. Simple Bible Reader can convert files for Windows and Android based bible software only it is not compatible with MAC format files. In other words your first conversion from BBLI to BBLX is fine for E-Sword as E-Sword 11 reads both formats however Simple Bible Reader cannot properly convert the files because the original BBLI was created for MAC and IPad use

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users